Garden Grill questions - food and seating

sandystx

Earning My Ears
Hi. For dinner at Garden Grill, i understand the family sytle serving. My question is - if they tray becomes empty will the server bring more of any of the items? can we request additional fish or turkey if need be?

Also, are there pros and cons to sitting on the lower or upper level of the restaurant? Is the view better / different and how. thanks for any help.

46 days and counting

You can request refills of anything. They'll bring out things individually but I'd imagine if you ate everything on the platter and wanted seconds of everything they'd probably do it. Some people prefer to sit on upper, some lower. The booths are on the lower level.

They will refill anything you request. The Garden Grill is one of our favorite places to eat. We have not found much difference between the upper and lower levels. As was already stated, the lower level has booths and the upper level is tables. We find it to be a great place to relax and have a good meal.:love:

The garden grill was great when we were there. They were very accomadating finding something that my vegetarian would eat. :)

can we request additional fish or turkey if need be?

Of course you can, they are great!:dance3:

On the flip side of this, can you request they NOT bring something? You can have OUR fish because we won't be eating it! (;
I don't want to waste food...

ETA: without calling ahead, just at the restaurant.

My daughter and I recently ate at Garden Grill and it was just lovely, one of our better character dining experiences. They will indeed bring a second portion of any food you've been served on its own, as we did this with several items and our server's reaction when I asked her didn't seem to indicate this is an infrequent request or anything difficult for her to accommodate.

As for asking for an item to be left off your initial plate, I would say that might be a little more hit and miss. If you would like to avoid wasting food and ask for an item you know you won't be eating to be left off the plate, I would ask right away to give your server and the kitchen plenty of lead time on the request. I imagine that the plates are being prepared automatically as seatings in the restaurant are occurring, so you would need to head that off with an early request.

We sat on the upper level, which was very good for us. My daughter loves to watch the characters even when they are interacting with other people, and you have a pretty good vantage point from the top level to watch them greeting everyone around you. On the other hand, if you have one or more kiddos who are likely to be antsy if they see characters around and that might be distracting for them (or if it might make them too sad or impatient) you may want to hope for/request the lower level. I think it's probably a little harder to see the characters walking around at the tables on the upper level from down there, so they wouldn't be distracted by seeing them out and about when they are not soon to reach your table. I think the view of the backdrops on Living With the Land is roughly the same on the upper or lower level, with the lower level able to see just a tad bit more of that.

We really loved our dinner experience there. I hope you have a good time there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter