• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill PPO Breakfast & Riding Soarin'

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to report our experience this week with having a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill and riding Soarin' first thing in the morning.

On Monday, May 30th we had an 8:10 reservation at Garden Grill. I made this reservation only the day before since we unexpectedly had an extra dining credit per person. We entered via the International Gateway, and easily made our way to The Land. We were seated right away, and our server even asked if we were trying to catch and early Soarin' ride. We were served quickly, but not rushed, and settled our check when the food arrived. We had plenty of time to eat without rushing, and were finished at 8:40. We walked down to the entrance to Soarin' where we were the 3rd family in line. Right at about 9:00 we could see the masses of people walking into the building, and down the ramp. The queue was opened, and we were on the first flight of the day.

This compares to the previous Friday, May 27th where we did not have FP and by 9:20 the wait time was 180 minutes.

Thanks for the report. Looking to do similar on our August trip. Were you able to see all of the characters in the half hour you were there?

Results could vary though if they open the entrance before youre done eating. So it could be a hit or miss. For a 9am opening it's not uncommon for the park to be opened at 8:30-8:45

Thanks for the report. Looking to do similar on our August trip. Were you able to see all of the characters in the half hour you were there?

We had a PPO ADR at Garden Grill last month. Soarin' was still closed, but we wanted to get out in time to meet Joy and Sadness. We were seated around ~8:15, out by ~8:45 and were first in line for J&S. We met all of the characters probably within the first 15 minutes of being seated - it was a MUCH more efficient process than we experienced at Crystal Palace or 1900 PF (don't get me wrong - I loved both of those breakfasts - but, if you're interested in meeting all of the characters, I recommend them only if you have more time to spend there).

Yes we saw all the characters, and they were coming for a second pass. My kids are older, and not too interested in characters, so we just snapped a quick picture and didn't interact too much. Chip was hiding around the corner and playing with my daughter. The restaurant was still barely half full when we left.

So jealous! This is something we hope we can do next year. Glad you had such a good experience :)

Thanks for the info. I know when we have had dinner there, we have seen the characters 3 or 4 times each (in an hour or so seating) on a less busy day and twice on a full capacity/all tables full day. I think because it's a relatively small restaurants compared to the other character meals. Sounds like breakfast is comfortably 30 - 40 minutes, which is perfect.

We did this exact same thing on May 26th. It worked exactly like the OP said except we were actually let into the line for soarin and loaded on a flight before the masses came into the building. We saw all the characters and didn't feel rushed at all. We were actually one of the first groups there so all of the characters came to our table for a group picture. It was a great experience!

Question: We were only able to secure a 8:55 reservation at Garden Grill. Do you think it would be possible to ride Soarin' before breakfast? What time will they let us in? I think they will hold the reservation for 15 minutes. Thoughts?

Question: We were only able to secure a 8:55 reservation at Garden Grill. Do you think it would be possible to ride Soarin' before breakfast? What time will they let us in? I think they will hold the reservation for 15 minutes. Thoughts?

Zombie thread...

I have the same question. Will an 8:55 ppo at GG be let in at EPCOT around 8 with the other reservations? I have been let in at 8:00 for an 8:15 previously, but 8:55 seems like it’s pushing it.

Zombie thread...

I have the same question. Will an 8:55 ppo at GG be let in at EPCOT around 8 with the other reservations? I have been let in at 8:00 for an 8:15 previously, but 8:55 seems like it’s pushing it.
just checking to see if you got an answer. I can't even get a reservation for GG yet.

Have done the same in august, 8 am breakfast, meet all Characters, enjoyed breakfast and were first in line for soarin'. I think it is the best way to ride Soarin.

So does anybody think it's kind of costly to eat here for breakfast? I've only eaten here once for dinner 3 years ago, loved the scenery not the food. I had no idea breakfast would be $34 per adult for eggs and bacon. Oh and mickey waffles. Is it that good? Still looking for a reservation myself, and running out of time, but wondering if it's worth it for soaring.

So does anybody think it's kind of costly to eat here for breakfast? I've only eaten here once for dinner 3 years ago, loved the scenery not the food. I had no idea breakfast would be $34 per adult for eggs and bacon. Oh and mickey waffles. Is it that good? Still looking for a reservation myself, and running out of time, but wondering if it's worth it for soaring.
We love it! As always, the cost is relative to any meal on property. We always try for a PPO reservation to get in line for Soarin and save a FP. The staff pretty much expect it! You get the guava juice, cinnamon buns and fresh fruit. The platter has eggs, bacon, sausage, tater tots and Mickey waffles. Always great service and the characters are awesome. The restaurant always feels empty and we often look around and wonder why it's so hard to get a reservation when so many tables are empty. Since they have started the breakfast service, this is a must do for us!

I second what @Fabfive5 said! It's more than eggs, bacon, and waffles - just look at the food pics in this review. :love: I really loved the hazelnut chocolate sauce for the Mickey waffles - having them without it now just isn't the same. My husband enjoyed the variety of the fruit. We were both happy that mimosas were an option. :thumbsup2 After dining here, we were quite disappointed to end one trip with breakfast at 'Ohana with Lilo and Stitch - that was little more than mass-prepared bacon, eggs, and waffles. My husband still tells people about GG and specifically requested it for our upcoming trip.

No, not at all. It's perfectly in line with other Character Meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter