Garden Grill or Coral Reef

GoingtoDisney

Mouseketeer
We were able to get reservations at both for our upcoming trip. Both sound great. We are a party of 3 families with 7 kids ages 4-10. I was leaning toward Coral Reef as I've heard so many great things, but Garden Grill sounds like a good choice as well.

Any advice? TIA!

Both are great, but I think the kids would like the Coral Reef better...there's always something to look at since the fish swim by constantly. If you're lucky, you'll be there when there are diver's.

We did do both this past trip and I would go to both again, but I think CR edged out GG by just a bit in my book!

Enjoy whatever you decide! :)

The only problem with Coral Reef is their menu selections. Very limited in my opinion and also very small portions for the cost. We ate there last December and yes, the kids loved looking at the aquarium, but I would rate the service as fair and the food as poor to fair. We had a group of 9 ages adult down to age 6 and none of us were really happy with the food. My sister is a vegetarian and there wasn't much for her to choose from at all. She was hungry when we left as were most of us. The atmosphere was good, but again the food - so so. We're opting for the Garden Grill this time and giving it a try. Hopefully the characters will be as entertaining as the fish were at Coral Reef and maybe the food and service will be better.

Just my experience and preference.

Garden Grill is my favorite! They have the best fried catfish ive never had it anywhere else that good. And the flank steak is so yummy plus it revolves and you get to see charcters. Its also all you can eat fmaily style. Which means they just keep putting in reorders for food. So you can eat all you want and you get a three course meal for 30 bucks. I would go Garden Grill all the way.

The only problem with Coral Reef is their menu selections. Very limited in my opinion and also very small portions for the cost. We ate there last December and yes, the kids loved looking at the aquarium, but I would rate the service as fair and the food as poor to fair. We had a group of 9 ages adult down to age 6 and none of us were really happy with the food. My sister is a vegetarian and there wasn't much for her to choose from at all. She was hungry when we left as were most of us. The atmosphere was good, but again the food - so so. We're opting for the Garden Grill this time and giving it a try. Hopefully the characters will be as entertaining as the fish were at Coral Reef and maybe the food and service will be better.

Just my experience and preference.

This is almost my same experience. The atmoshpere was really neat, but the food and service were awful. My daughter loved her desert, which is a make-your-own sundae with a huge formed piece of chocolate on top that we thought was plastic. No one liked their meal though. :sad2: Dis Unplugged reran a review of it last time (It's called best of.....?) They did not like it either. We are trying Garden Grill on our next visit.

We went to both Coral Reef and Garden Grill this past June. Our kids were ages...2, 6 & 7. The enjoyed GG much better than Coral Reef. As far as food goes, we liked GG better also. We would go back to Coral Reef but we would not order the Mahi Mahi. Both DH and I did not like it at all.

With young kids, I would go with GG because the character interaction is wonderful there!!

Everyone has different tastes but we loved CR so much in June we booked it again for our trip in November. I'm a vegan and they made a great meal for me - just tell them at the podium you need to speak to the chef. My DS (adult) got the mahi-mahi and said it was great. My DD (9) loved it too - she's vegetarian and they made her a nice plain pasta with some veggies. She loved the sundae too.

GG of course doesn't appeal to me with its meat-centered menu but others like it. The rotating restaurant is kind of fun and of course they do have the characters. We last ate there when they had a menu rather than family style.

I would go with the Garden Grill based on the kids ages. They will love the character interaction and the idea that their restaurant rotates!

My DS8 and I have PS for Coral Reef next week. This will be our 3rd year in a row going. My DS picks this one every year. The aquarium is awesome. The food is good too if you are a seafood eater. I think you would enjoy either!! Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter