Garden Grill opinions.

bethzfl

DIS Veteran
When I went to The Land, I thought Garden Grill looked like a pretty good place to eat for a character meal. And since there isnt a lot of talk about it, I'm just wondering about the food quality? Edible, excellent, bad, etc..?

Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance ::MinnieMo

The dining room rotates very slowly but you get a special view of Land attraction ride.The food was good and character interaction was very good.The the desert we had was like a cherry crisp and it was great.The service was very good and would rate our experience as a 7 out of 10 with 10 being great and 7 being above average and below excellent and and super. :flower: :wizard:

I have been there two times and loved each time and want to go back! Go, and enjoy!

Garden Grill is my favorite character meal, and where we take our guests who visit from out of town, to get a taste of Disney fun and food. The food is really good, plentiful and filling. The service is good and friendly and the characters are lots of fun. An added extra is the fact that the dining room slowly revolves as you are eating and you can see the Living with the Land ride, if you are sitting on the 1st level. It takes about one full revolution to complete your meal.

The Garden Grill is currently closed for the renovation of the Land Pavillion due to the addition to the new attraction Soarin'. It should reopen late spring or early summer.

It was very good.

I did not care for some of the food which caused me to ask repeatedly for more. I do not like to waste and didn't like how when you ask for more, they bring you an entirely new plate. They wont bring more of just what you like (it's all you can eat mind you) and bring you a new plate with EVERYTHING on it, which I know causes a incredible amount of waste. Also, because they bring you an entirely new plate, you only get a very small portion of what you wanted the most of, meaning you have to yet, ask again. I felt guilty asking so much and then felt guilty that I was wasting so much.
The food I did like was great, and great all you can eat dessert! YUM!

Our waitress was very good, except, unfortunately like most disney resorts, I felt a little rushed by our waitress.

The nice thing is that in most restraunts, even the nicest, you are crammed in among other people so close that they may as well be sitting at your table with you. Not much intimacy at most disney restraunts. I was there with my wife on our 1 year anniversary at the Le Cellier and though I loved it and we are going back this year for our anniversary, the people were so on top of you that I felt odd talking sweet to my wife with all of those people there.

The Garden Grill DOES give you some privacy as you are in your own booth and the backs of the booths are high so that you do have your privacy. I really LOVE the privacy.

This is my favorite restaurant. An added bonus is that the veggies served there, and I believe the catfish as well, are all grown right at WDW, some from the hydroponic greenhouse that you visit. I have never felt rushed here, and have always had great service. For some reason, every time I go, I get a waiter named Art. He's great! Lots of time with the characters too. I have frequently gotten in without a PS. In my opinion, the Garden Grill is one of the best kept secrets at WDW.....

The Garden Grill is a must-do for us every trip. This year our trip dates are June 4-14 and the restaurant isn't reopening until June 25 so we will not get to go this trip. We are one really disappointed bunch. Especially my two boys. :guilty:

Carla

We really like the Garden Grill. It was my first character meal at WDW and my family and I enjoyed it immensely. We have been back since and have never had a poor meal or poor service. We were planning on eating there during our upcoming trip in May, but when we tried to make PS's, the cast member told me that they were not taking PS's until June because of the renovations due to Soarin'. Well, I just we will just have to go back another time.

we love garden grill. the food is really good for a all you can eat type place.

My family loves the GG. The food is very good. We like the flank steak and salad. I don't usually enjoy the deserts because I'm a chocolate kind of girl and we've only been served fruit based desserts. They were good, but they weren't chocolate!

My only complaint about the restaurant is that they always squish my family of 6 into a small booth. :grouphug:

DH and I LOVED Garden Grill! The food was good, and even though it was a character meal it wasn't as noisy as some of the other character meals.
I'm so bummed it won't be open for our trip in May :( Although, I read on here that according to allearsnet.com, it'll be opening March 31, so I'm still holding out hope! :)

The Garden Grill is the best character meal on property! We've been to all of them except Cape May and the Garden Grill is far and away our favorite. The food is great and the character interaction is outstanding. The characters all came around more than once and spent a lot of time at each table. The food is really good. I ate everything in the skillet including the catfish which I thought I wouldn't like. Even that was delicious. It's nice to sit in a booth so the pictures with the characters are much easier to take than at the crowded table restaurants.

mybgirl said:
CM SAID NOT OPEN TELL THE END OF JUNE , ANY INFO PLEASE :flower:

THANK YOU :goodvibes

Yes, Garden Grill is closed for renovations until June 25th, I believe.

This is my DS's fave character meal and he was disappointed that we had to miss it earlier this month.

jenjersnap said:
Yes, Garden Grill is closed for renovations until June 25th, I believe.

This is my DS's fave character meal and he was disappointed that we had to miss it earlier this month.

I thought that ALL renovations on the land pavillion were going to be finished by May for the 50th Celebration? That is what I have read on allearsnet.com anyway. Sparin' will be added, the downstairs foddcourt will be renovated but that is it as far as any changes I have heard about.

You will love Garden Grill. We have eaten there twice :goodvibes If possible try to do the Living with the Land boatride downstairs in the Land pavillion before you go to eat at the Garden Grill. The boatride gives you a behind the scenes look at how they grow their vegetables and you can also see how they farm catfish(all handfed). When you go to the restaurant you are eating some of the same vegetables and fish that you just saw. The meals are served "family style" in big skillets and they will bring you more as you request. We also had some really nice fresh baked bread before our meal and a great desert in a skillet after. Try going to www.allearsnet.com and looking at the menu site. You will find a link to the menu for the Garden Grill :mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter