Garden Grill at 8:25

texaslady22

Mouseketeer
We have a Garden Grill breakfast at 8:25 on a 9am Epcot opening day. We would like to go straight to Soarin afterward (it's on a day marked a 6 on Touring Plans). If we show up early to breakfast, how early will they let us in? We just plan on eating; we won't be disappointed if we don't see all the characters. Do you think it will work for us to go to Soarin immediately after that?

IME they let us in about 15 minutes prior to our reservation. When you get seated i would request they give you the bill or charge your MBs right away so when you're done eating you can just get up and go.

I am guessing you will not get seated early enough to help you get to soarin ahead of crowd. even seated on time would be hard as they take your drink order then bring out platters after drinks. not a fast meal even if not seeing characters

I am guessing you will not get seated early enough to help you get to soarin ahead of crowd. even seated on time would be hard as they take your drink order then bring out platters after drinks. not a fast meal even if not seeing characters

I think it's def. doable. We did it this past Sept. without any issues and a few mins. to spare. OP def. ask for check and pay as soon as you sit down. It won't be a relaxing slow paced meal, but you can def. still eat and get out ahead of the RD crowd for Soarin.

I think it's def. doable. We did it this past Sept. without any issues and a few mins. to spare. OP def. ask for check and pay as soon as you sit down. It won't be a relaxing slow paced meal, but you can def. still eat and get out ahead of the RD crowd for Soarin.
with an 825 ressie and 9 park opening even if seated on time, getting the check as you are seated, getting drinks and food, eating and getting to soarin before crowd is going to be hard esp if they open gate early which could happen as early as 850. when was your ressie for

Even if you get to Soarin by 9:30, the wait won't be too bad. I think most likely you'll be there by 9:15.

Either way, your wait will be less than the wait you would have to wait outside the gate for rope drop.

Bottom line: don't do the meal just for the Soarin advantage. But, if you would enjoy the meal, then you won't lose much at all by eating there as opposed to rope drop strategy.

No experience with Garden Grill, but we have had an 8:20 ADR for Tusker House at AK and treated it as if it were 8:05. Got there shortly before 8, and were let in with everyone else. We were seated before our reservation time, and they didn't seem to be adhering to who was there first or what time your ADR was at. We made it out about 5 minutes before rope drop, but we did have to miss a character for that.

with an 825 ressie and 9 park opening even if seated on time, getting the check as you are seated, getting drinks and food, eating and getting to soarin before crowd is going to be hard esp if they open gate early which could happen as early as 850. when was your ressie for
Op stated that she was going as soon as it opened and for PPO ADRS that's how it works...it's first come (check in) first serve. They seat you in order of your arrival not when your adr is. We had 850 adr time yet we ate and we're out by 845. OP, you'll be fine.

Op stated that she was going as soon as it opened and for PPO ADRS that's how it works...it's first come (check in) first serve. They seat you in order of your arrival not when your adr is. We had 850 adr time yet we ate and we're out by 845. OP, you'll be fine.
she said in post 1 that her ressie is 825. though I have never done breakfast Garden Grill can run late and has every time we have been there and that was in first hour of dinner

We have a Garden Grill breakfast at 8:25 on a 9am Epcot opening day. We would like to go straight to Soarin afterward (it's on a day marked a 6 on Touring Plans). If we show up early to breakfast, how early will they let us in? We just plan on eating; we won't be disappointed if we don't see all the characters. Do you think it will work for us to go to Soarin immediately after that?
We had an 8:30 ADR and actually spent a lot of time at breakfast - we were having great interactions with the characters. When we were done, our daughter and son-in-law had about a 15 minute wait for Soarin. It wasn't bad.

Keep checking the reservations on Disney website as we had an 8.15am but managed to get an 8am on a 9am park opening day a few weeks before. We ate, paid and went to Soarin' and were first there at 8.50, and they let us straight in too. It all worked out well for us, but I think 8.30am might be a bit of a rush IMHO.

she said in post 1 that her ressie is 825. though I have never done breakfast Garden Grill can run late and has every time we have been there and that was in first hour of dinner

There's no running behind/late when OP is one of the first to check-in. Everyone can do as they please, but I'm just sharing in our 10+ years of doing PPO ADRs at least 3 times during each week long trip at various restaurants, including Garden Grill just last Sept., PPO ADRs basically run on a first come first serve mindset, as long as you have a PPO ADR, it really makes no difference if it's for 800am or 845am; whichever party checks in first, is almost always seated first. In our experience, having a later PPO ADR and checking in ASAP, will allow enough time at Garden Grill to eat and be out in time to get to Soarin before the rope drop ppl. Perhaps, you had a different experience under those exact circumstances?

There's no running behind/late when OP is one of the first to check-in. Everyone can do as they please, but I'm just sharing in our 10+ years of doing PPO ADRs at least 3 times during each week long trip at various restaurants, including Garden Grill just last Sept., PPO ADRs basically run on a first come first serve mindset, as long as you have a PPO ADR, it really makes no difference if it's for 800am or 845am; whichever party checks in first, is almost always seated first. In our experience, having a later PPO ADR and checking in ASAP, will allow enough time at Garden Grill to eat and be out in time to get to Soarin before the rope drop ppl. Perhaps, you had a different experience under those exact circumstances?

Ooo, does that mean that we can arrive super early for our 8:45 PPO ADR at GG and maybe be seated well in advance? I was going to drop it since we wanted to get to Soarin' as soon after RD as possible but thought we'd have to find another breakfast option to do that. What time should we be there to be the first to check-in?

Ooo, does that mean that we can arrive super early for our 8:45 PPO ADR at GG and maybe be seated well in advance? I was going to drop it since we wanted to get to Soarin' as soon after RD as possible but thought we'd have to find another breakfast option to do that. What time should we be there to be the first to check-in?
Yes, as long as you have a PPO ADRS, you'll all be let in at the same time. I'd go directly to Garden Grill and check in and you should be seated within 5-10 mins. This generally works with all PPO ADRs.

Yes, as long as you have a PPO ADRS, you'll all be let in at the same time. I'd go directly to Garden Grill and check in and you should be seated within 5-10 mins. This generally works with all PPO ADRs.

How wonderful, I would never have guessed. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter