'Gangs' of Disneyland

I've seen them around several times. Have never had anything negative happen.

It's interesting...I just got back from Disneyland and this was the first time I'd noticed groups of folks wearing matching vests/coats that had some type of insignia on them. I figured they were die-hard Disney fans because those types of jackets/vests aren't cheap, but I wasn't really sure who they were. They seemed nice enough (I didn't have any negative experiences with them) and they seemed to be enjoying the parks just like everyone else. Some of their insignia are pretty creative!

I don't think they're gangs- they refer to themselves as social clubs and it seems they just get together at Disneyland to have fun. I chatted up the 999 haunts group and they were super nice!

We just got back from DL last week and it was the first time we saw them. There were several different small groups with jackets or vests with unique names and logos. At first I wasn't sure who they were, but after seeing several groups I assumed they were DL fans with shared interests having a good time in the park.

I don't think they're gangs- they refer to themselves as social clubs and it seems they just get together at Disneyland to have fun. I chatted up the 999 haunts group and they were super nice!

I believe the Lords of Flatbush (1974 Movie) called themselves a "Social Athletic Club." :rolleyes1

I believe the Lords of Flatbush (1974 Movie) called themselves a "Social Athletic Club." :rolleyes1
Which is a reason why Disney might need to restrict these "social" groups.
While frequent visitors (and readers of Disney boards) are aware of these groups, some guests might view them as a "threat" :headache:

On the other hand, the media likes to sensationalize. I visit rather frequently (~20 days/year), and have only seen one of these groups (3 matching vests hardly represents a "gang" :lmao:).

How funny! I just heard about these groups last night and thought it was odd I never read anything on the Dis! Lol. I find it interesting and wonder what Disney will do about it if it become more popular. I've never seen it at the parks. I will have to keep a lookout next trip.

I think it's really odd anyone would call them "gangs." I do admit the club pictured had some heavily tattooed members when I saw them, but considering they are just friends etc wearing matching vests, riding rides with their kids, it seems more like profiling. I did see a group that was a little boisterous once but they were way less annoying and disrespectful of other guests than the college kids I sat next to on soarin a couple of weeks ago. College thespian thug life. :-)

I saw a group of them when I was in DCA last month- was wondering what was with the vests! :D I think it's a cool concept.

so long as they are being respectful and within the rules i think it's fantastic and a valuable opportunity for parents to teach their children that you can't judge a book by its cover or be fearful of people that are different. Very much "Disney" concepts to my mind.

People are afraid of tattoos and piercings. The three most tattooed people i know (each with at least 30 hours in the chair) are three of the nicest, most unassuming people i know.

Oh..Oh...ohhh!
I am going to start my own. I get dibs on the name...The DarkRiders!
The cuts can all have backlight effects on them. Can't believe that one isn't taken yet. Completely ridiculous and right up my alley.

Hmm. I'm pretty heavily tattooed. I own a sleeveless denim vest, it just needs a patch and rocker panels. Could I be my own gang of one? I even have a motorcycle, though I've never taken it to DL.

Wait...would my purple hair disqualify me? I'm not really sure of teh accepted gang parameters, other than for clubs like HA.

Seriously, though, I saw some of the "gang" member when we were there in January. They're just people hanging out as groups and having a good time.

But I also now *really* want to get a giant Thumper patch for my vest, and if I knew where I could score a good one, I'd be all over it.

Hmm. I'm pretty heavily tattooed. I own a sleeveless denim vest, it just needs a patch and rocker panels. Could I be my own gang of one? I even have a motorcycle, though I've never taken it to DL. Wait...would my purple hair disqualify me? I'm not really sure of teh accepted gang parameters, other than for clubs like HA. Seriously, though, I saw some of the "gang" member when we were there in January. They're just people hanging out as groups and having a good time. But I also now *really* want to get a giant Thumper patch for my vest, and if I knew where I could score a good one, I'd be all over it.

I need a "Like" button!

We haven't been to DL but this is one themed outfit I could maybe get my tattooed, HD husband to wear! I think it's freaking awesome!

Oh..Oh...ohhh!
I am going to start my own. I get dibs on the name...The DarkRiders!
The cuts can all have backlight effects on them. Can't believe that one isn't taken yet. Completely ridiculous and right up my alley.

ooh! Can I join? I'd love a blacklight jacket! Maybe one where you can't see the picture on it, until you're under a black light!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter