• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Game On" email from Disney Destinations???

TinkPirateMom

DIS Veteran
So I thought I got my first PIN via email today. I got so excited. However, there was no 15 digit code only a 3 digit code and when I called and gave that code the rates were the same as rack rates :confused:.

The email read:
GAME ON, XXXX Family!

Thanks for your interest in a Walt Disney World® Resort visit. Now it’s our move.

So here’s everything you and your family need to plan your very first Walt Disney World® Resort vacation. And since you’re thinking about coming in November, the offer to the right would be a great way to get the most magic out of your stay.

tay in the middle of the magic at select
Disney Resort hotels.
Disney Value Resort
$ 95 * per night
plus tax
in a standard room.
For stays most
Sunday–Thursday nights
11/1/11-11/18/11 and 11/26/11-11/30/11.
Disney Moderate Resort
$ 164 * per night
plus tax
in a standard room.
For stays most
Sunday–Thursday nights
11/1/11-11/18/11 and 11/26/11-11/30/11.
Disney Deluxe Resort
$ 280 * per night
plus tax
in a standard room at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge or Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
For stays most
Sunday–Thursday nights
11/1/11-11/21/11 and 11/26/11-11/30/11.
*Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Ask about other dates, accommodations and packages including Theme Park tickets at varying rates!

Oh well, we really don't plan on going until November 2012 anyway, but I was excited to see this email and thought I would call and give it a shot (maybe convince DH to go this year, lol). The CM was helpful and did check to see if there were any other "offers" but didn't find anything.

Add me to this list.

Got a 3 digit code to call in with.

Wanted to stay at WL and was told it was only good for Value and Moderate...then just for the heck of it, I asked for a price for POFQ, and was quoted $300 more than what I saw online!!!!

That is adding insult to injury.

I got one of those too, there is no discount with the game on code, I guess Disney thinks they are going to fool me with a 0% pin code discount.

I almost wonder with the title of the email being "game on" perhaps Disney is saying hey we are willing to play with you and your hopes of getting a lower price.

There are pins attached to some of the "Game On" emails -- my latest was 30% off room-only during most of November.

I can't believe they are trying to charge people MORE with this code, totally outrageous.

These actually are rack rates for that time of year.

I frequently get emails from Disney Destinations that look like specials. They are always just advertisements of regular rates or whatever current general public promo they are running.

There are pins attached to some of the "Game On" emails -- my latest was 30% off room-only during most of November.

And my Game On snail mail has a pin for free quick service dining for most of November. It's a shame they put all these offers and non-offers under the same "Game-on" name.

And my Game On snail mail has a pin for free quick service dining for most of November. It's a shame they put all these offers and non-offers under the same "Game-on" name.

for the most part people will not check
if people hear/read or even had a good pin in the past they may not check to see if their pin is as good or even worse then rack
most just assume it is a deal

I called today to change my resort, and see if I had anything besides the free dining pin available for my 11/10-11/14 stay. The CM said that was all I had "for now", and that it was "still early" for my dates. Not all that forthcoming, but still left me hopeful! I need a room discount because we're booked at a 1-bedroom villa, and it'll be extremely difficult to afford the rack rate!

I got one of these recently, Value was 76/night, Mod was 138/night, and Deluxe was 238/night Sunday-Thursday. We upgraded from POP to CSR. 10/14-10/23.

I almost wonder with the title of the email being "game on" perhaps Disney is saying hey we are willing to play with you and your hopes of getting a lower price.

LOL!

These actually are rack rates for that time of year.

I frequently get emails from Disney Destinations that look like specials. They are always just advertisements of regular rates or whatever current general public promo they are running.

Yes, they quoted me rack rates so it wasn't a deal at all which was my point, but a PP said they actually quoted him higher than rack rates when he called regarding the email he received which is what I was commenting on. I have gotten advertisement emails from Disney Destinations but when I saw "Game On" I expected it to be an actual discount as there are various posters on these boards that have actually received discounts or FD with the Game On emails.

I received a "Game On" card last week. It was for 20% off rack rate at value resorts with 4 day Ph tickets. I called and asked if we could upgrade the offer to a moderate hotel and was told yes, but the discount would not apply. I also asked about removing the park hopper and water park option from the tickets to save a few dollars and was told that those were a free upgrade.

We have decided that we don't want to stay at a value so unless Disney sends a PIN for a percentage off at a moderate resort, we are going to stay at Windsor Hills.

My "game on" flyer came on Saturday and is for most days in Novermber(except the Thanksgiving week) with a pin number for:
Values starting at 67 a night
Moderates starting at 119 a night
Deluxe resorts starting at 196 a night.

The game on I recieved was for free quick service dining. At the bottom of the e-mail it stated "share this offer with a friend."

Has anyone tried this yet?

Seems to me there have been several good Game On discounts.

Yeah, I got one of these too. I thought that I had finally gotten a pin after signing up for emails, the DVD, the maps, et cetera, as everyone had suggested I do to try and get a pin. When I called Disney, the CM told me that it was a pin and then gave me the "discount" which didn't seem to be a discount at all. When I pressed the CM to tell me what the discount was, she put me on hold for literally like 10 minutes. I was really starting to get mad when she came back on the line and told me it was a 10% discount. Which it really wasn't. To say I was upset is an understatement. I do not like the gimmicks they seem to be playing here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter