Galveston January 26th-Xmas Present for Kids

BinkleyVS

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We booked a six night cruise out of Galveston for January 26, 2013.

We're long-time Disney fans with kids who are now 14, 12 and 7. Our first cruise was last year and we actually won it from Coke. It was a four night out of Port Canaveral on the Dream. We had the best vacation of our lives on that trip and were determined to do it again before our eldest got too caught up in band/high school activities/simply not liking his parents.

So, even though we have a Disneyland vacation planned for Summer 2013, we were considering a four night cruise out of Galveston since we could drive down instead of flying to Florida or California. Fortunately, I procrastinated a couple days and when I went to the website to book, the Kids Cruise Free Offer had just been announced. So, for less than what we were paying for four nights, we booked a six night cruise instead!

We're not telling the kids until Christmas morning. My wife and I thought and thought about how to tell them. We decided on giving them each a gift that, collectively, would tell them what was going on. For my eldest, who likes Vinylmations, we got the Disney Magic Vinylmation. For my middle son who loves pin trading, we got a special cruise pin trading lanyard with a few cruise related pins. For my youngest, who loves the princesses, we got a Disney cruise autograph book and special character pen. We figure once they each open their gifts, it'll be pretty clear and we can give them the good news!

So, the six night cruise is new as far as I can tell. If anyone has info on how this cruise is different from the others (as far as shows/dining/etc), I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in these forums! You've all helped make planning and waiting very fun!

Sounds like a great Christmas surprise!! We are on the 6 night sailing out of Galveston on February 9th. I have had a hard time finding info on 6 night sailings so I can't offer much help but I'll be following along to hopefully learn a few things from you! ;)

What an awesome surprise! We are going on the Feb. 23rd sailing out of Galveston. I wish we had surprised our kids like that but they are only 4 so I don't think they really would have gotten it. Instead I hear every day "are we going on the boat today?" Can't wait to read all the stuff you find out!

This is awesome. I have no doubt your children will be excited on Christmas morning. If you type "Disney Christmas surprise", you'll certainly get some ideas from the reactions posted there. Plus it is heart warming to see many of these videos.

My friend & I will be on the 1/26 cruise with you. Girls' trip & celebrating my retirement! I can't wait to hear how your Christmas surprise went. Post pics or a video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter