Galveston Debark - What Airport do you recommend?

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
What airport do you recommend for a cruise ending in Galveston? Does DCL have Port to airport transfers in Galveston or are you on your own?

Hobby is much closer (south of Houston) but only a few airlines use it. It is mostly for Southwest. Intercontinental has many more choices, but is on the other side of Houston and will be a good 90+ minutes away, worse if traffic is bad, which it frequently is. Search here for Galveston info regarding transfers. We live in Texas so I don't have any first hand knowledge for that.

DCL does offer transfer to and from IAH. The last I knew it did not for Hobby.

We used DCL transfers to IAH when we were on the EBPC cruise several years ago. I do agree with the other posters that there were not offering transfers to Hobby.

Another Texan here. IAH is a nice airport. If your flights happen to be on the weekend, traffic in Houston will be greatly reduced. It's not always the easiest city to navigate, though. I recommend letting DCL do the driving.

Since we were flying Southwest, we used the Galveston Flyer shared van service from the port to Hobby Airport. Booked online. They were waiting when we debarked and headed to the airport within minutes after we had loaded our luggage. They also serve IAH.

Last cruise we were on November 2019 we ended in Galveston. No advance sign up for shuttle to hobby. But once onboard DCL did provide shuttles to hobby. We signed up for it at guest service.

Good info- the 2021 cruises out of Galveston are attractive to us and we can fly into Hobby with Southwest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter