Galveston and San Diego ports vs Port Canaveral

We are sailing out of San Diego at the end of the month and I am seeing that debarkation can be a bit of a nightmare. Luckily we are on the Magic so it's a smaller ship, but how long should I budget for getting off the ship there. We are heading to Disneyland from there just trying to plan.

We are sailing out of San Diego at the end of the month and I am seeing that debarkation can be a bit of a nightmare. Luckily we are on the Magic so it's a smaller ship, but how long should I budget for getting off the ship there. We are heading to Disneyland from there just trying to plan.
A nightmare debark in SD usually comes down to the fact they don't have enough customs agents on hand. That is what we faced when we got off the Wonder in SD on January 2nd of this year. A very full ship (probably at capacity since it was a NYE cruise) and they had 3 or 4 customs agents total. We had late breakfast and it was after 11am before we were collecting our luggage after going through customs. The other two times we have debarked the Wonder in SD (in 2015 and 2019) were not nearly as bad (in 2015 customs was done ON the ship for some reason). Basically hope for the best but prepare for a long wait.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter