• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galapagos

pipch

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys
Been considering this trip and have been hunting for a trip report and do not seem to be able to find one.
Can anyone please direct me to a report.

I am trying to also find out how long the drive is from Octivo valley to the flight to Galapagos.

Also just how rough the seas are around the islands - I am not sure how good my sea legs are and there are other companies that do land based trips.

Any assiatnce would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pipch

A few years ago, we did Celebrity Cruises on a Galapagos cruise. Absolutely fabulous. Flew to Quito, stayed two nights at JWMarriott, flew to the islands, boarded the Xpedition, cruise for seven nights then back to Quito for one night and home. The ship was beautilful, the guides wonderful and the entire experience unforgettable. I cannot talk about ABD and its Galapagos trip. But i highly recommend cruising as the absolutele best way. The cruise ships get you out amongst the wildlife via zodiacs twice every day. The wildlife is incredible.

I did the ABD Galapagos trip last year. The drive from Otavalo to the airport was short, less than 2 hours.

I would definitely recommend doing the islands by sea. You definitely won't cover as much by land. The ship Disney uses is the largest one in the Galapagos islands (about 100 pax. or so) - so the ride is pretty smooth. The only time I did not have my sea legs was on the last night. That's when you're crossing the current and it got a bit rough.

You also ride in a zodiac from the ship to the island and back about twice a day. It's a little bumpy but really is no problem - it feels like an amusement park river ride.

Thank you all - notes and trip report were most helpful.

Just have to wait now for the 2011 dates to see if they suit us better.

Thanks a lot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter