GAC question

Amii

DIS Veteran
My family went to WDW several years ago and we got a GAC for my son. I still have the old GAC. Should I still get a note from his doctor, or can I just show them the old GAC? It is so hard to get things like a note from my son's doctor. I always here I'll get it right out to you. :rolleyes: TIA.

If you still have it, take the old GAC (Guest Assistance Card) and your child with you to Guest Services in any of the parks. Be prepared to explain to the CM what types of assistance you need/problems you expect. You don't need a long explanation or medical explanations. What you do need to be able to do is explain what types of things would cause problems and what sorts of assistance would be helpful.
The GAC is not meant to (and usually won't) provide immediate access or shorten/eliminate your wait in line. What it is meant to be is a tool to help CMs know what assistance you need, especially if there are invisible disabilities.

If you are going at a non-peak time, you may find that you really don't need the GAC much because the lines will be short. Using fastpass can also help a lot. Think of the GAC as insurance; good to have when needed, but not necessarily needed for each ride/show.

Have fun.

Hi just wanted to share my experience. We were there last 10/31 (MGM) and I had our two year old GAC and just showed it to the CM and she updated it for us. No problems.

Quick question: With the old GAC, did the CM simply update it for you or did you have to fully explain your situation (like you did the first time you received the GAC)?

Thanks

Suzy V.

Morning riu girl. No I didn't have to say anything. She just took a peek at it, said hold on and went to the other room to get me the updated one. She was extremely pleasant.

We were there last weekend. I gave mine to the girl and she said "would you like to renew this?" to which I said yes. She asked me the dates we would be needing it and if our party number was the same. Two minutes and we were done. This is a brand new card (she kept the old one) and I will just save this for a future trip to do the same. We had another magical trip :wizard:

In December I got a GAC at the Studios with a wheelchair stamp. I aksed for & eventually received the alternate entrance stamp on the same GAC. The CM was adamant the alternate entrance was only for autistic guests. Well, Thursday I was in the MK & could not get an ECV - they were gone. I brought my December GAC, & the CM could not have been nicer about it. He only stamped the alternate entrance on it. He did not put thewheelchair stamp because he didn't want to confuse attraction CMs. Bottom line ... I brought the old GAC & the CM seemed to appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter