G-Force Rating on rides

Cheryl592000

Savvy?
:confused: Does anyone know what the G-Force rating is on Expedition Everest and Mission Space?:scared1: Thanks in advance.

I have no idea, but I had no trouble riding. When Mission Space was open for the passholder preview, it made me so ill I went back to the hotel.

EE didn't make me sick either, but Mission Space did :(

Here is what came up when I did a quick Google Search :

Mission Space: Do note that this is a cetrifuge-type attraction, based on the spinning machines used to train astronauts to handle high G-forces. On this ride, you will experience 2.5 Gs of force over a sustained period.

Expedition Everest:
Thrill Scale (0=Wimpy!, 10=Yikes!): 6
Fairly intense positive G-forces, backwards coaster motion, darkness
Coaster type: Indoor/outdoor steel
Top speed: 50 mph
Height: 112 feet
Drop: 80 feet
Height restriction: 44 inches
Fastpass-enabled
Will you be able to handle Expedition Everest?
Expedition Everest does not have any inversions, does not soar to nosebleed heights, and reaches a relatively tame top speed of 50 mph. Disney considers it a "family" attraction (although I'd say it's at the upper end of that category), and while it's more aggressive than Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain, it's certainly less intense than coasters such as Sea World's Kraken.
But Expedition Everest does reverse direction and race backwards (in the dark, no less), delivers some formidable positive G-forces (also in the dark), and feels way more out of control because of the sections in the dark. If you can handle the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney-MGM Studios, you'll be able to face the yeti. http://themeparks.about.com/od/coasterridereviews/fr/ExEv.htm

I agree with the above posters. I remember EE as being rather 'tame' (albeit more intense that Big Thunder Mtn or Space Mtn); you might not like riding backwards, but I don't recall G Force being an issue - am I remembering this wrong?:confused3

Rock n Roller Coaster, on the other hand...:scared1: Massive Gs there!:scared1: Internet articles say up to 5Gs on RnR.:crazy:

I, too, would love to know the numeric values for the G-force on Expedition Everest. Haven't been on it yet.

Currently on my "never again" list: Mission Space Orange (did it once) and Rock n Roll Coaster (did do it several times over a period of years). Also the typical Cyclone type wood frame coasters at old fashioned parks.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Neither of these rides have any real G-Force. Everest is no worse than Big Thunder plus a big drop. My husband, who is a pilot, laughed at all the comments of G-forces on Mission Space. We both have ridden it several times and he said there were none. Mission Space is basically a giant Gravitron (like at state fairs) and pulls no g's, but can make you very dizzy if you don't keep looking straight ahead at all times. The only rides with G-Forces are roller coasters, like Rockin' at MGM.

Neither of these rides have any real G-Force. Everest is no worse than Big Thunder plus a big drop. My husband, who is a pilot, laughed at all the comments of G-forces on Mission Space. We both have ridden it several times and he said there were none. Mission Space is basically a giant Gravitron (like at state fairs) and pulls no g's, but can make you very dizzy if you don't keep looking straight ahead at all times. The only rides with G-Forces are roller coasters, like Rockin' at MGM.
Are you sure? Or am I using the term G-force incorrectly, to apply to something else, which can also be measured quantitatively using and measurement units relative to the earth's gravitational force?

Various space station designs were ring shaped (perhaps like a giant old fashioned circular fluorescent tube) and intended to be in a constant rotational motion like a wheel to simulate gravity. To the occupants the giant ring appears to be a continuous corridor with a gradually increasing upslope that looks the same no matter where they are standing,.where the floor is the outermost part of the shell and the ceiling is the part of the shell nearest the hub. To somebody looking at the entire space station from a distance, if the ring appears horizontal, then all the occupants are walking sideways, heads towards the hub. Now if you can imagine the Mission Space ride vehicles being larger, notably with a larger distance from the seats to the control panel, once the vehicles get spinning, someone could "stand on the seat back" with a bathroom scale between his feet and the seat cushion and with the top of his head to the video screen and the scale would register X times his weight where X is the number I am thinking of.

(No, I won't confuse you all here with words like "centripetal, F=m*a, and "Sir Isaac Newton".)

EE scared the crap out of me (I don't like thrill rides LOL), but it didn't make me sick. I rode MS in September and will never go on it again. I honestly could feel pressure on my heart, it was horrible. It felt like my brain was sloshing around in my head. I was extremely dizzy and sick when I got off of it. My DF and DD loves it though.

My husband, who is a pilot, laughed at all the comments of G-forces on Mission Space. We both have ridden it several times and he said there were none.
Which airline does your husband fly for? I want to make a note never to fly with them. ;)

The orange side of Mission Space most definitely delivers positive G-forces in the 2-3G range. What makes them harder to handle than the 5Gs experienced on Rockin' Roller Coaster is that they're sustained rather than transient.
Mission Space is basically a giant Gravitron (like at state fairs) and pulls no g's,
Sorry, but if the Gravitron is the ride I think it is, it too exerts noticeable G forces on the riders.
The only rides with G-Forces are roller coasters, like Rockin' at MGM.
Nonsense. This would imply that you have to have a drop on a ride to experience G forces. This is simply untrue. In fact, the peak G force rating on Rockin' Rollercoaster is in the flat section at the very beginning -- not on a drop.

David

Mission Space: Do note that this is a cetrifuge-type attraction, based on the spinning machines used to train astronauts to handle high G-forces. On this ride, you will experience 2.5 Gs of force over a sustained period.

This applies only to the orange side. The green side does not spin and has no G-forces.

I asked a CM working Mission Space how many G's were felt during the ride. He said it was 2.5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter