FYI re. M. Mouse dishes on Disneyoutlet.com

jltwdw

Mouseketeer
Just an FYI about the M. Mouse dishes that are for sale on the Disneyoutlet-dot-com website. I received several sets of these dishes in multiple colors from DM for Christmas:hug:. I LOVE them because of how they look, but they are very impractical for daily use. They chip easily, the enamel has gotten a crackle look to it which, while you can't feel the crackle, water does look like it seeps through. They say on the underside that they are dishwasher and microwave safe, but they become VERY hot when microwaved and a hot pad is needed. The salt shaker has to have some of the holes blocked off too because the salt just POURS out. DH HATES the cereal bowls because the MM figure is raised in the bottom of the bowl and it is hard to get the last of his nightly ice-cream and chocolate syrup out of the bottom :lmao:.

Like I said, I do love the looks of these dishes and I do use them on a daily basis. I figure I'll use them until they are all junk...which will probably be in time for the upcoming Christmas season ;) BUT, that is only a one year shelf life...which for dishes is pretty short.

I also received the enamel picnic salad plates. They are cute, but they are strictly hand wash only and metal so they cannot be microwaved.

And, again, I received the Olive Mickey Mouse (salad size) plates are very nice. They are not the same as the M. Mouse dishes and are a much better quality.

Just wanted everyone to know my experience if considering a purchase due to the low outlet prices!

My in laws gave me 6 place settings of the black for Christmas. While I love them, like you said, they are not practical at all! Even a fork touching a bit too hard while you're eating will chip them.

Thanks Diser's! I probably would have ran to buy them. I just got engaged am slowly collecting things for our new place. My fiance can tolerate Disney, (not a fanatic like me) so I figured a Disney kitchen would be perfect for now.

Anyway, thanks for this advice-- Maybe a Disney bathroom is more for me!

I have these too. I got them in white, black, and red. Mine have not chipped but they get really, really hot in the microwave. I think they actually slow down the cooking and I don't use them in the microwave anymore. And the plates are really thick. They take up much more room in the cabinet than my old set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter