FYI Annual Pass Sales Halted

I'm not a big Universal fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due and whoever runs their Twitter account is aways on point. This just tweeted today :rotfl2::

We literally just discussed this (via text) as a family. We have been going to WDW for a very long time and always talk about Universal, but it always gets "cut" from our trips. We are 99% sure we are just "done" with all the WDW AP / Park Pass resv system for awhile and buying UAP instead. We will hit a day or 2 at WDW and are also going to find some other Orlando area ideas. I'm sure there's a thread on that somewhere here.

I blame myself for not getting our AP voucher already, but I'm tired of the stress. Plan B it is.

I really think you'll be fine. I think this is directly related to not enough reservations over the holidays the next 6 weeks for APs. Some dates are already unavailable. Adding more to the pool is likely only to upset people.

The fact they are still selling Pixie Dust AP leans to this ... these APs are mostly blocked out the rest of the year so they don't have to worry about the reservations.

BUT if they beginning selling again, I'd buy a voucher ASAP. Summer months and new rides opening could increase sales.

Definitely hoping you are right but yeah, we'll buy the voucher as soon as it is possible again.

This is just showing that there is too much demand and not enough supply. Disney needs to get a handle on this. They can start by increasing/restoring offerings and hours to at least get the parks back to pre-Covid operations. After that, expansion is going to become necessary. There is really no way around it at this point.

Is buying a voucher different than buying the pass?
If you're going in November, you could buy your AP in August and get an exchange voucher for it. At the park, you'd exchange the voucher for an actual AP card, and that's when your one year of use begins.

Does this also exclude DVC members or do they also fall into the Florida resident category? I can't seem to find anything specific. Thanks

Does this also exclude DVC members or do they also fall into the Florida resident category? I can't seem to find anything specific. Thanks
DVC members never fall into the Florida resident category and can't buy AP's right now.

Prior to C19 we vacationed to Disney World a lot... To say we're not thrilled with many of the changes would be an understatement and for the first time we're talking about Universal instead. SMH...

Unbelievable! I'm a DVC member and have an upcoming trip in December. I was really hoping to upgrade because of a B'day trip in May but I'm now thinking I may have to switch my plans. A resort staycation and maybe VBR could be an option if only they would remove restrictions from borrowing points which I doubt I'll see happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter