FW Campfire Questions

joshua4

DIS Veteran
We are looking for some kid friendly night time activities and I have seen people mention the campfire in some posts. Can anyone attend this -- or do you need to be staying at FW? What time does it start each night? Is it just sitting around a campfire and singing songs? How long does it go for? Finally, I know I can get to FW on a bus from whatever park we are at that day (or a boat from MK) BUT how do I get from FW to All Star Sports? Is it worth the hassle to attend the campfire -- my son is 4.5.

Sorry for all the questions, but we are leaving in 7 days and I am in that last minute planning panic.

Thanks.

Our Camping at Disney Board has all the FW information you will need. I am moving this post over to that board for you. Please check there for any further replies.

<font color=red>
Carol</font>

<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font>
<font color=red>Co Moderator - Cruise Board</font>
<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - DVC Board</font>
<font color=red>Cruise and DVC Chat Host</font>

. The campfire I believe is supposedly open to FW guests only, but truly anyone can attend (there is no checking of resort I.D.s). There is singing with Chip & Dale, the making of s'mores (they sell the making right there) and the showing of Disney movies! A fun night...hours change a bit..usually around 8p.m. if I remember correctly.
As to what to do with kids at night.. our last trip (4.5 y.o.DD & 2.5y.o.DS) we spent riding the monorail at night (try to get to sit up front with the driver!), getting off at the Contemporary to view the fireworks from the outside observation deck, or getting off at the Poly to sit on the beach and watch the Electrical Water Pageant.....the MK is pretty magical at night as well, especially the MSEP. Don't forget to check out the petting zoo at FW as well if you're going to be over there! Have a wonderful time!

The campfire program is open to all WDW Resort Guests, you don't have to be staying at FW. It's a fun, relaxing way to spend an evening with kids!

It starts at 7:00 during the winter months and 8:00 in the summer. It begins with a singalong around a big campfire, where you can roast marshmallows (they sell s'more kits for $6). Chip & Dale visit for awhile too! Then, they follow it up with showing 2 full-length Disney movies on the outdoor screen. There's bleachers and benches to sit on. There's a concessions stand, called the Chuckwagon, that sells popcorn, nachos, ice cream, candy, sodas, etc.

If you leave the campfire program by 9:30, you can walk back down to the marina in time for the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:45!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

You guys are great! Thanks for all of the information, it sounds like a perfect evening for my son. Are there buses from FW back to the different resorts or do I need to go to a park and switch to a bus going to All Stars? My concern is that if we go to the campfire at 7 and leave around 830 I want to be sure to get back to the hotel around 9 or so (or my son Josh will turn into a pumpkin).

Thanks again.

The only way our kids didn't turn into melted down pumpkins was to take naps in the afternoon...there's a bunch of threads on just that topic in the Families board I believe (or maybe it's the theme park board...?)

Is there a charge for this? Sounds like lots of fun. Just wish I actually had enough time to do everything I want!

She would probably love it! Especially with Chip & Dale visiting, and all the singing and watching the fire!

Transportation to FW: Take your resort bus to Downtown Disney Marketplace and transfer to a FW bus.

Or go to the Magic Kingdom and take a boat over to FW.

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

We go to the campfire at least 3 times during our stays in february. Its a great family activity.
popcorn,snacks and 2 outdoor movies, it doesnt get much better ! especially if you imagine everyone at home huddled indoors while you sit comfortabky outside in your sweatshirt.

This sounds soooo neat! I have an almost-5 year old little boy, and I think he'll love this. And finally getting to see the water pageant would be great!

Question, though: I've heard that FW can be confusing... if we take the boat from MK over to FW, where do we go from there to get to the campfire? And about how long should we allow to get from the campfire down to the marine to see the water pageant?

Thanks!

-gina-

mickptmin.gif

ASMu, 2/2000

DxL 12/1/00-12/4/00

Next stop, ASMo 2/3/01-2/10/01!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter