Future cruise credit applied not PIF and canc

Goofylou

Mouseketeer
Hi,

If I had a cruise cancelled last year (Dream), that had a future cruise credit moved to a new sailing - but we are not paid in full and that new sailing that's likely to cancel soon(Magic -September 2021 northern Europe).

Just to add a bit more, the cruise last year was DD and myself, and the current cabin is me and her, but as she is off to university soon so has more cruises booked, can I move the whole credit to myself and DH cruise?

2 things....I’m not sure that your Sept cruise will cancel “soon”. I don’t believe they’ve “officially” canceled June yet...and that’s 2 months away. I think you’ll be waiting until at least June to find out about September. (And I think there’s a slight chance it sails)

And 2, I believe the answer to your question about switching the credit from DD to DH is no. The FCCs are supposed to be specific to the person. At least that’s my understanding!

We had a cruise canceled for July 2020 that was PIF. We got an FCC and applied it to a 9 night SC July 2021 that was not PIF but was canceled. We still had our original FCC and applied it to a 7 night WC July 2021. We did not PIF this one. We just moved to a 9 night SC July 2022 with the original FCC. So 3 cruises later, we are still using an FCC. You will get the original, but I don't know what happens with with the participants changing. Our roster stayed the same for all cruises.

I think you can get refunded for DD's FCC and apply yours to the new sailing if I understand correctly.

I think you can get refunded for DD's FCC and apply yours to the new sailing if I understand correctly.
You can get refunded for DDs fare but not the “bonus” 25% FCC. That would be lost if she won’t be sailing with you. Those credits are person-specific.

You can get refunded for DDs fare but not the “bonus” 25% FCC. That would be lost if she won’t be sailing with you. Those credits are person-specific.
Even when it's still going to be a two-person sailing? 1 person and 2 people cost the same amount to sail, so taking off one passenger's FCC would leave only a 12.5% FCC discount for the other. Is that really the way it works when only 2 people were booked to sail?

Even when it's still going to be a two-person sailing? 1 person and 2 people cost the same amount to sail, so taking off one passenger's FCC would leave only a 12.5% FCC discount for the other. Is that really the way it works when only 2 people were booked to sail?
Each passenger booked has a fare associated, and each fare has a 25% bonus calculated based on that fare.

The FCC is non-transferable. I get that switching from a daughter to a spouse doesn’t feel like a transfer, but it is. Otherwise people might be inclined to take 125% FCC over a 100% refund even though they have no intention of sailing because the could gift it (or sell it) to a friend or family member. Or people could steal FCC from a friend they were sharing a stateroom with and give it to someone else. Just cleaner for Disney to say only the original travelers are eligible to use FCC from their own individual fare.

I have to shorter cruises about $3000 each that have been canceled. I made arrangements for a seven day cruise in place of the two shorter cruises. If I combined them do I lose future cruise credit on one?

I have to shorter cruises about $3000 each that have been canceled. I made arrangements for a seven day cruise in place of the two shorter cruises. If I combined them do I lose future cruise credit on one?

I think you only get FCC a maximum of one time. Thus, you would get 125% of the first cruise and 100% of the second cruise.

Any cruise that is at least partially paid for using FCC is not eligible for additional FCC if canceled -- however you do retain the original FCC (unless you request full refund). In your situation, if the new longer cruise gets canceled by DCL you should retain both FCC amounts from the original shorter cruises but you would not be eligible for any additional FCC.

I moved mine to a dummy date, to avoid having my FCC cancelled as I was not PIF, on the advice as several Disney CMs. As it turned out, the Greek cruises were cancelled shortly after with no warning. As far as I know, deposits were fully refunded. I didn't want to lose my 10% as I was waiting to book Alaska for 2022. Not sure if there is any way to keep it if cancelled and I didn't want to chance that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter