Funny Memes

Oh, I do remember programming using punch cards....LOL
View attachment 680228

They were about one step above an abacus.
When in college that was our business machines/computer introduction class. Punch cards and wire loop programing was introduced, but not taught. Most of the semester consisted of operating "adding" machines and doing it without looking at the keyboard like touch typing. Then right after college I went in the service where the computer was starting to be the big thing. Literally, the Univac 1050-2 (not sure of the number) filled an entire room and the hard drive was a giant 4 foot long by 8" diameter polished cylinder. It worked with a magnetic head that floated over the spinning cylinder. Good times! To my knowledge it was only used to keep inventory of supplies located in the ginormous warehouse. In the Air Force "they don't fly without supply"!

Last edited:
When in college that was our business machines/computer introduction class. Punch cards and wire loop programing was introduced, but not taught. Most of the semester consisted of operating "adding" machines and doing it without looking at the keyboard like touch typing. Then right after college I went in the service where the computer was starting to be the big thing. Literally, the Univac 650-2 (not sure of the number) filled an entire room and the hard drive was a giant 4 foot long by 8" diameter polished cylinder. It worked with a magnetic head that floated over the spinning cylinder. Good times! To my knowledge it was only used to keep inventory of supplies located in the ginormous warehouse. In the Air Force "they don't fly without supply"!

Hey, even when I was in college in the 90's they still taught us Fortran - we just didn't use the cards as they were all virtual. I didn't end up sticking with engineering, but that class would end up satisfying a computer credit I would need later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter