Fun with Kids Day 9 - WL, Fort Wilderness, checking out the villas,and the Cubs Den

Redmic

Can't fold fitted sheets
DH and I planned to go to a park today, but were overruled by DDs. They love WL so much they always want to stay there. We had breakfast in the Whispering Canyon Cafe, which was not nearly as wild as dinner, though we did have to do the Hokey Pokey.

We decided to check out the villas. They had cast members staying there to work out the bugs before the openning, so we could not get into the units, but could explore the common areas. My reaction was "I want one!" The lobby is beautful and yet low key with animal heads and stuffed animals and Indian art and patterns. The elevator doors are gold colored, with a different carving on each floor. They have a quiet area with stuffed chairs off the lobby for games and relaxing. They have a pool with several "springs" bubbling in it, but it was too cold to use, so we went back to the WL pool to swim, while I did laundry.

After lunch we rode the boat to Fort Wilderness, went to the petting zoo, and saw Minnie Moo and the beautiful draft horses. DD#2 ride a pony, and we did the pressed penny thing and got drinks at Crockett's Tavern before heading back on the boat.

At 4:30 we dropped the kids off at the Cubs Den. There was only one other boy there at that time, and we found out he lived about 15 miles from us (in Maine), so go figure. The girls had dinner there, made crafts, played free video games and watched Disney movies. This is their third time at the Cubs Den, and it is very low key, but they always ask to go there.

Meanwhile, DH and I grabbed a drink at the Trout Pass Bar, which we took out to the beach. We sat there and watched the sun go down, while 2 ducks played around us. We went inside to the Territory Lounge and had buffalo sate and kelp as an appetizer. It was good. We decided to try Artist Point, but we couldn't get in without a PS, so we went up to the room and ordered pizza, which we ate while watching the never-ending election coverage! The pizza was way better than the one at CSR and much bigger. We went out on our balcony and listened to the peaceful sound of the fake crickets from the speakers in the trees, and soaked up the ambiance for a while. Then we went Chrismas shopping in the gift shop, hid the presents as best we could (Christmas ornaments and WL stuffed Mickey bellhops), and picked up the kids.

The not-going-to-the-parks thing worked out just fine.

:)

Didnt you just love Whispering Canyon. We had the best time there and the food was great too. I'd love to see the villas. At least you got to see the common areas.

hipgrl1.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter