Fun with Dick and Kaz - A Cruisin' Trip Report... COMPLETED

Thank you Karen for sharing your wonderful gift of writing with us. You helped us relive our week and I can't thank you enough for that. I hope that one day Penny and I will get to share some more time with you and Richard. It was an amazing week and the best vacation we ever had. You, Richard, Eva and Steve were all a part of that.

Take care, keep in touch and as they say; Live long and prosper. :thumbsup2

Bob

bravo bravo :cheer2: (pretend this little smiley is clapping)

Thank you, Thank you Thank you....Bravo.....I was tearing up reading about the VR...Your hair was spectacular!! I can't wait for our renewal...and I have already informed my friend to NOT let me get the higher package. I read your review and thought, oh no, I am going to need the bigger one!!:rotfl: We will have a bunch of people with us, so they will have to be certain to snap a ton of shots!!

Beautiful photos!!

Thank you again for sharing, and I love your wit!!

cheryl

Many thanks to one and all. Your wonderful supportive comments have been appreciated and treasured!

But to be completely honest, the pleasure's been all mine. If I hadn't had the opportunity to do this report, the memories would just have faded and the photos languished (like so many before them) in a box somewhere. Now I've written it all down, the trip will last forever... :cloud9:

Plus I have a cunning plan. For Dick's Christmas prezzie, I'm going to create a scrapbook of the trip using my report. I've bought a new photo printer as one of my DS's Christmas gifts (QVC had an excellent TSV last weekend!) and I'll sneakily use that before wrapping it. Not so much mother as evil genius... ;)

Eva, Steve, Penny and Bob: You guys are were the icing on the cake of our wonderful week! It was a privilege to share it with you... :grouphug:

Aisling: I've been meaning to say, you can call my DH whatever you like, hon! :thumbsup2 At school, when I first met him, he was always known as 'Dick' or 'Dicky" as indeed he still is at work. However, his family call him 'Rich' which is what I tend to holler at him most of the time. Let's stick with Dick - it's got an amusing one-syllable ring to it, is a little bit saucy and rhymes with stick, tick, wick, brick etc... ;)

My Magic Mateys: OMG if you laydeez had been there blubbing away at the back, I really couldn't have held it together! I am hopeless - I cry at commercials for goodness sake! So as prep for the VR and in order to toughen up my tear ducts, I went to see Les Miserables many times until finally I could get through all 2 hours 55 minutes of it without weeping! It actually worked and I am confident I will remain dry-eyed in public forever... Famous last words, right?! :rotfl2:

Anyway, for those interested, I've now started my post-cruise WDW trip report. There's a link in my signature. No pressure. It's your choice. Doesn't bother me what you do...

Er - have you clicked yet..?

Well done! What a delightfully written and engaging trip report. You made me feel like I was there - it must have been a blast!
Thanks for sharing.

Awesome!! just finished the last two pgs....absolutely one of the very best i've read!!!! you could write novels i believe...and oh how i WISH you were so much closer...i would so love to have near by & watch you put words & photos together to create some awesome heritage photo album / scrapbooks....if there was ever a time to get you & Colleen & Aisling to the West coast...i'm sure we could talk Nan & Debbie into joining us for a LONG cropping wkend at the beach...Carmel...Monterey...even Seascape resort in Aptos....

Awesome!! just finished the last two pgs....absolutely one of the very best i've read!!!! you could write novels i believe...and oh how i WISH you were so much closer...i would so love to have near by & watch you put words & photos together to create some awesome heritage photo album / scrapbooks....if there was ever a time to get you & Colleen & Aisling to the West coast...i'm sure we could talk Nan & Debbie into joining us for a LONG cropping wkend at the beach...Carmel...Monterey...even Seascape resort in Aptos....

I really like the way you think Brenda ::yes::

Brenda, thank you for your wonderful, kind and treasured comments! :hug: I've often wondered about writing as a career, just never had the impetus I guess. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

I'd love to make it to California! It would be fab to get together with everyone! Plus DH and I are watching an amusing wine travelogue on TV at the moment with a couple of guys (one a wine expert and one a novice) touring the West Coast vineyards - we've been blown away by the beautiful coastline and country! :cloud9:

I really like the way you think Brenda ::yes::

Brenda, thank you for your wonderful, kind and treasured comments! :hug: I've often wondered about writing as a career, just never had the impetus I guess. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

I'd love to make it to California! It would be fab to get together with everyone! Plus DH and I are watching an amusing wine travelogue on TV at the moment with a couple of guys (one a wine expert and one a novice) touring the West Coast vineyards - we've been blown away by the beautiful coastline and country! :cloud9:

okay girls...this is TOTALLY something we need to work on....Karen...does Richard golf? Pebble Beach isn't too far from me.....while we are cropping...he could try every course there....:thumbsup2

Over on the UK Trip Report thread, I was begged, bullied and beaten into displaying a photo from our original wedding in September 1982. I didn't want to do it but peer pressure being what it is, I caved in!

I warn you, it's not pretty but without further ado...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Dick and Kaz Then...

2weirdkids.jpg

And Now...

dk1-1.jpg

toast.jpg

Cheers!

I truly enjoyed reading your TR! My DH and I are planning a VR for our 20th anniversary - I hope it is at least half as fun as yours!

Over on the UK Trip Report thread, I was begged, bullied and beaten into displaying a photo from our original wedding in September 1982. I didn't want to do it but peer pressure being what it is, I caved in!

I warn you, it's not pretty but without further ado...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Dick and Kaz Then...

2weirdkids.jpg

And Now...

dk1-1.jpg

toast.jpg

Cheers!

Weren't the 80's something!!!!! You can tell when you see our wedding photos what year we were married in!!! You two look fab!

cheryl

What a Wonderful Trip Report !! You are a Great Writer and had me Laughing as well !! You looked Beautiful at your Vow Renewal !! I would Love to do a Vow Renewal on a Disney Cruise. It looks like you a had a Romantic, Beautiful Day. Thank You for Sharing it with US !!!

Wonderful Trip Report! Thank you for sharing your special Vow Renewal with us! You are a joy to read :goodvibes

I've just spent a lovely couple of hours reading this trip report :surfweb: . I loved the title's for each day and I especially liked the Dick and Kaz then photo which looked like something from a BBC sit com :rotfl:

What a magical time you had and some fantastic memories thanks for posting them :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed it, Jakki. :hug: I honestly don't think a day goes by that I don't remember this very special trip - even now, almost 3 months later, I feel so lucky to have had this experience... :cloud9:

Thanks again for sharing
just got round to reading your report

I want to do a vow renewal too

did you miss not having your family with you

enjoy your xams trip not long now

Thanks again for sharing
just got round to reading your report

I want to do a vow renewal too

did you miss not having your family with you

enjoy your xams trip not long now

We decided at the outset not to include the kids as they hadn't been there at the original ceremony (well, Sophie was - but not officially if ya know what I mean... ;) ) and we felt it was just about the two of us... HOWEVER I enjoyed it soooo much I really want to do it again so we're thinking of a WDW-based re-renewal for our 30th with the whole family... :goodvibes

We decided at the outset not to include the kids as they hadn't been there at the original ceremony (well, Sophie was - but not officially if ya know what I mean... ;) ) and we felt it was just about the two of us... HOWEVER I enjoyed it soooo much I really want to do it again so we're thinking of a WDW-based re-renewal for our 30th with the whole family... :goodvibes
Whoo sounds like a great idea :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter