Fun ways to count down

tnmom25

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!
We played an April Fools trick on our kids yesterday. We were talking in the kitchen (loud enough for them to overhear) about some friends of ours having extra tickets to WDW, but we couldn't go because my dh couldn't get time off work. I went to the store and bought some cookies for after dinner. I put the cookies in a tupperware cake taker along with a note that said "April Fools we are going to WDW in 6 weeks!!" They were very excited!! Anyway, this is everyone's first trip to WDW and I'm looking for fun ways for us to count down the days (40!!) Any ideas?

I think my kids would have had a breakdown if they had heard they were "missing" a trip!! I truly think they would have been affected for life... :lmao:
Good one on the kids there... it's good when the parents score a few points!!

Congrats on your first trip.. your going to have a magical time.

We always drive ourselves crazy and talk about it non stop... listen to park music, etc. we "leave" way before it's time because we fantasize it into reality!! Have a good time!!

How old are your children? My youngest is 9 (almost 10) but is a bit OCD when it comes to time and dates. I had to make a special chart with a count down on it so he could mark off the days. You could make it into a Disney advent calander with little things related to WDW.

:cool1: Congrats on going to WDW.

We like to make a paper chain with a link representing each day until our trip. Each morning (or night) the boys break off a link and count down to our trip. I usually print off some Disney clipart and make the links out of that. :rainbow:

It's a simple idea, but my sons think it's a fun way to watch the days go by. :stitch: :goofy:

What a great April Fools Trick! We also used the paper chain link countdown. Instead of using the clip art, we wrote the names of the characters on the links. My dd5 is learning how to read and it was a great way for her to get comfortable with the letters - especially since we started with about 90 days out! There are now only 11 links left - it is amazing how fast the time goes! Have a great trip!

How about print a pic of Mickey (and/or maybe the rest of the gang) and make up 40 mickey shaped balloons each with a number on it 1 - 40 and then each day take them off one by one til its time to go.. and on the paper below all the balloons write something "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" or something. (of course everything would be made of paper)

BeckWhy said:
How about print a pic of Mickey (and/or maybe the rest of the gang) and make up 40 mickey shaped balloons each with a number on it 1 - 40 and then each day take them off one by one til its time to go.. and on the paper below all the balloons write something "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD" or something. (of course everything would be made of paper)

What a cute idea!! We have a Santa pic that we start gluing cotton balls on one at a time beginning Dec 1. When the last cottonball is glued on, it's Christmas Eve. I was trying to think of something like that, maybe we could cut out some balloon shapes, then glue them on and when we do the last one, we would be leaving... or have them color one each day...

Any ideas where to get some pics to print out, like coloring pages?

Hello!
Counting down and planning is an integral piece of the experience. I make countdown calendars from the Disney Daze peel a day calendars. This past Friday we had our Disney Planning PJ party - we chose restaurants, had a Disney Trivia contest and watched a few taped Disney specials (from the Travel Channel and the History Channel).
For Easter, I fill eggs with Disney Dollars, then there are small countdown gifts given on Days 50 and 25.
This year, my fiancee and I are bringing all of our "kids" - ages 9, 17, 20, 21 and 22, plus two of the oldest girls' boyfriends. This is our "get to know each other, bonding trip". My girls are used to the planning (okay, obsessive planning), so we are introducing a new level of vacation preparation to our growing family.
Have fun. We have 54 days to go!
Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter