Fun thing to do after disembarking last day?

ShyMiss

Mouseketeer
Hi all. After booking our first cruise, I just read that we have to disembark in the morning!:eek: I mistakingly thought I would have the whole day (like at disney world- you checkout but can stay at the park.) Anyway, I'd like to plan something fun to do in FL that day. (We are driving) Any suggestions?
What do you do on disembark day?

We had a flight back at night so we just drove to the outlet mall and shopped and shopped. LOL Especially anywhere with a Disney Character Warehouse that might have cruise items on sale. :rotfl2:

Our flight leaves at 7:30 on the night of disembarkation. We're going to rent a car and hang out at DTD for a few hours.

We had a rental car for our last cruise, too. We did an airboat tour the morning that we got off the ship before we went to the airport.

I'm not going until July of 2012, but I'm planning to book one night at Universal, and do 2 days there after the cruise. Hopefully by then, the HP crowds will be a little less scary. Also, we leave the ship on ds13's 15th bday:scared1:, so I want to make sure it is a special day:goodvibes

We went to Kennedy Space Center that day and the next day drove up to St. Augustine and spent the next day touring St. Augustine.

We surprised our girls with a day at the Magic Kingdom after disembarking. I managed to get pictures of their reactions when they finally realized where we were...priceless! :-)

We like to do the mini golf courses at WDW and have a nice lunch out at one of the resort hotels. Or, if it is really hot, go to one of the water parks.

Either the day at Magic Kingdom or Sea World. Might try Kennedy Space Center this year!

Tammy

We figured we will be "all Disneyed out" by the end of the cruise, so will go to Universal (would like to see that Harry Potter world). My family went to WDW for a week almost 3 years ago and stayed at POR (it was great), but we didn't see Universal Florida at all on that trip. Since we are travelling with another family, we might switch to one WDW park if the others want it instead, but I think they are favoring Universal.

I figure it would cost about the same.

FWIW
Luvstocruise

We had a 6:15pm flight on disembarkation day, so we rented a car for a one way trip from port to the airport, went to the Kennedy Space Center for the day, then drove to the airport, returned the rental car, and checked in. I really needed to squeeze a nap in there somewhere, the kids and I were exhausted, we actually fell asleep on the tour bus! :rotfl:

Kennedy Space Center is wonderful and we also love St. Augustine great shopping there and took the chocolate factory tour free.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter