Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

lol....I always wish I liked chocolate cake.......they look so delicious. I do like the flourless chocolate cake I make for them.....but even then, It`s the tiniest piece I take, that`s more than enough.

I think you`d like it.
Here’s the thing-I’m not a big cake person! Sometimes I love a good cupcake and I do enjoy cheesecake but regular cake is not my thing. The fact that cake is calling my name says a lot lol

All caught up again! It really looks like it was a relaxing vacation for both of you.

We should have paid attention when our waiter barely grunted at us and tapped the barcode to indicate there was no paper menu....well, ok then. He said one word.......drinks? I was getting a bad feeling about this waiter.....his eyes were darting around the restaurant as he waited for us to order something despite us not having looked at the menu yet......so I just asked for water as did Tom....I guess he realised he wasn`t making a lot of money out of us today.
I HATE when we get bad service like that! We were fortunate when we were there we had no bad service. But there was no excuse for the service you had.
I don`t think I got a taste of that either!!
:rotfl: I know what we would both try to order different meal so we could each try eachother's meals.

Here’s the thing-I’m not a big cake person! Sometimes I love a good cupcake and I do enjoy cheesecake but regular cake is not my thing. The fact that cake is calling my name says a lot lol

Yes, sweet things are not generally for me.......I can eat a little cheesecake, but it`s usually too sweet so one bite is enough.

A vanilla cupcake is another that will tempt me though and I do like madeira cake which is similar to butter cake. And Dutch apple pie, cherry pie.......maybe I like dessert more than I realise....... :rotfl:

All caught up again! It really looks like it was a relaxing vacation for both of you.

I HATE when we get bad service like that! We were fortunate when we were there we had no bad service. But there was no excuse for the service you had.

:rotfl: I know what we would both try to order different meal so we could each try eachother's meals.

It really was a relaxing trip, we love not having to rush to do anything.

Yes, it`s a rare occasion when we`ve had bad service, very rare, but this guy was off the scale rude. Apparently we weren`t the only ones to complain about this guy.

We`re the same!! Usually order different meals so we can share each others dishes.....that`s what couple`s do don`t they ::yes:: but he told me later when I mentioned it the batter wasn`t very good on the fish so that`s why he didn`t offer me any.....I knew there had to be a reason.........:)

Finally had a chance to catch up around here!! Wow...all the food...and rides...and also the heat...so want to be in FL right now lol!! It's strange how what appeals to us changes over the years lol...I like different things than I did when I was younger too lol but it's not always less adventurous lol...but I hear you on not wanting to shake up the brain lol

I like Margaritaville too, it's cliche and touristy but I find it fun and the food I have tried has always been good!

Finally had a chance to catch up around here!! Wow...all the food...and rides...and also the heat...so want to be in FL right now lol!! It's strange how what appeals to us changes over the years lol...I like different things than I did when I was younger too lol but it's not always less adventurous lol...but I hear you on not wanting to shake up the brain lol

I like Margaritaville too, it's cliche and touristy but I find it fun and the food I have tried has always been good!

Glad you made it back Kathy....:)

Oh yes, I could go a quick trip right now too........

Yes, getting my brain rattled is not my idea of fun anymore, never really was, but I did all the rides I could. Now, I`m choosy and will only do the rides that are fun, but don`t knock me sideways for three hours!!

I always tell folks, you won`t get upmarket fancy food at Margaritaville, but it`ll be good and substantial portions too, some nice drinks too. I do like the atmosphere in there.

Thoroughly enjoying your TR as usual!! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to the rest!

:welcome: along, good to see you here!!

I`m so glad you`re enjoying it.......we did look for you in the parks, anytime I saw a face I thought I recognised I did a double take......lol.......

More coming up........hope you`re all doing well.....:wave2:

Your photos of St. Augustine are lovely, and I remember that you all have visited there before. That's a place I have never been, but everyone says it is gorgeous. I am looking for a place to take my adult daughter for four nights or so for a mother-daughter trip in March -- close to our birthdays. I hadn't thought of St. Augustine before, but now you have me thinking... We could stay at the beach and then visit old town! I'll have to see what she thinks about it!

Your photos of St. Augustine are lovely, and I remember that you all have visited there before. That's a place I have never been, but everyone says it is gorgeous. I am looking for a place to take my adult daughter for four nights or so for a mother-daughter trip in March -- close to our birthdays. I hadn't thought of St. Augustine before, but now you have me thinking... We could stay at the beach and then visit old town! I'll have to see what she thinks about it!

Thank you Cara......it is a beautiful place and we`ve enjoyed many visits there now, so time for a break for us I think.

It would be a perfect place for mother/daughter trip.......there are so many options to stay there. We saw some beautiful little guest houses in the centre of the town which looked incredible. But, I`m sure you`ll be spoiled for choice with options to stay there and you`ll be able to fill your time easily there.

Sounds like a fun trip for you both...... ::yes::

SUNDAY MAY 15TH

Today, and the next few days are park free. It wasn`t intentional, just the way things worked out with meeting some folks. We do always say we don`t need to go to the parks every day, but sometimes we do just pop in for one ride, or to do the water rides, but not this time.

We lazed a little this morning, didn`t rush to get up and showered which was nice....I was still up as early though, but went through with my ipad to the dining table and sat watching the sun come up again which was just the perfect way to start the day for me.

We wandered across to RP for breakfast, and again, took our time and I enjoyed some lovely fizz, this really was becoming a lovely little habit in the morning 🥂but I wasn`t the only one thankfully, the morning Mimosa choices were very popular with many guests.

After we had chatted as usual, headed back for the car and went to Publix for a few things, Bed Bath & Beyond and for the first time we left that store not buying a single thing........strange as we usually find something we like. But, we`d come back another day and hopefully find what we wanted. So, we headed to the nicest Mall in Orlando, Mall at Millenia.......

I had a few things I wanted to pick up today, one was in Bloomingdales as they stock Bobbi Brown and one of my eye shadows that is glittery and sparkly was coming to an end, so popped in there and asked for the colour I wanted, paid and headed to Clinique where I had the nicest man serve me and I got all the products I wanted and he didn`t tell me I looked old......and sold more products because of that.......lol......

Our next stop was Tiffany.......my favourite store in the Mall.......not buying anything today, we just wanted a look around and hoped to see the man we have dealt with for our last purchases, we hoped he had survived the pandemic. So on entering we saw that they had redesigned the store since we were last in. It looks beautiful and much nicer than before.

We had a lovely lady look after us, she told us Amit was still working and was just off today which was a shame, would have been nice to see him. She emailed him and said we had been in and we`d be in touch if we did want to buy anything coming up. Today I just wanted my rings cleaned and appraised, it wouldn`t take long at all, but we did have a look around as we waited for the lady to get sorted.

i-8kNST2W-X2.jpg

i-jPZTjmv-X2.jpg

i-WbNt7Sg-X2.jpg

i-brX45R2-X2.jpg

I loved this wall.......I was trying to convince Tom we could replicate it in a space somewhere in our home 😊........we had a stand alone brick wall in the kitchen that was kind of spare......I thought it would look lovely covered in this...

i-djD9qDM-X2.jpg

Tom however, looked at me with a distinctive expression......... ::yes::

i-c7FhzK9-S.gif

Maybe not then.......😉

I handed my rings over for cleaning and we said we`d be back in an hour or so after we had eaten.

It was fairly busy today although it was Sunday so not unexpected, but it is such a pretty mall, we do enjoy just wandering around even if we don`t buy anything.

i-P2rZzJJ-X2.jpg

Lunch today was The Cheesecake Factory. The home of Kyle`s favourite dessert in the USA 🥰

We knew we`d have a little wait as this place is always mobbed......even when I went with my mum and Aunt Doreen to one in LI, it was still so, so busy, but it is incredibly popular. We don`t have anything similar in the UK and the portion sizes always impress us Brits who don`t usually see such massive portions anywhere in restaurants. And for such a large menu, the quality always seems to be top notch, not high end, but good food and always have good service.

The hostess told us it would be around 15 minutes for a table, so Tom of course got images of some of the cheesecakes on offer here. Most look gorgeous......but anything made with dark chocolate, Oreo, peanut butter or low calorie versions are most definitely not for me!! But, something for most folks.

i-hXVjNqW-X2.jpg

i-6zsB96S-X2.jpg

i-F4R2Kcm-X2.jpg

i-K8T3PZq-X2.jpg

i-DhdKjDs-X2.jpg

i-v8rW9n8-X2.jpg

The coconut cream pie and caramel apple appealed to me and I`d think about it later to get some to take home....or the Mango Key Lime........🥴

But, for now I was thinking about entrees........there are so many options here from appetisers, sandwiches, pizza, salad, burgers, steaks and some gorgeous dishes like chicken piccata and so many more. I don`t think I`d be disappointed in anything ordered here.

We got the bread and ordered strawberry lemonades which are just the nicest here.....the bread I find just ok, it`s usually too hard for me to enjoy too much.

It`s a fairly noisy place and very popular with the Brits who seemed to make up a large majority today!! Folks either side of us were from the UK and one first time family who were lost with the menu.......it is a huge menu.

i-kRWLNXW-X2.jpg

After long deliberation, I decided to go for the Bang Bang chicken and shrimp, and asked for a side of jalapenos as it is in no ways spicy despite them telling me it was spicy and was that ok for me.......lol.....

I don`t usually eat rice or pasta, but for this one I kept the rice as it did look good.....and the dish was lovely, not at all spicy so I was glad of the jalapenos, but it was a very tasty dish.

i-N34DCbv-X2.jpg

Tom would usually get Linda`s Chocolate fudge cake as it`s Kyle`s favourite, but today he wanted something different and opted for Red Velvet Cheesecake for his lunch.

i-MwC4w92-X2.jpg

He loved it. It wasn`t for me but he cleared the plate and I almost cleared mine, but there was just too much rice for me.

Our waitress tried to talk me into dessert, but I had no room and decided I`d pick some up before we left. I forgot!!

We headed back to Tiffany to pick up my rings, and there was a line to get in.......lol......I had refused to wait in line for Bath&Body and Louis Vuitton on previous visits......it`s the new way of shopping in some stores now, but we didn`t have an option except to wait. But, the lady we were dealing with spotted us and we got in and sat down to get the rings back.

She emptied them out into a lovely black tray and said we have two rings........er, wait......there were three rings!

You know when you see someone have that blind panic across their face for that split second.....she had it bless her!! But, the third ring was tucked away in the little bag....phew!!

My rings were seriously sparkling again........I do clean them myself, but they never sparkle quite the same way as when they do it professionally. We thanked her and headed out of the mall....forgetting my cheesecake to go!!!

But, we wanted to get on and buy something this afternoon that we weren`t sure we`d be able to find.........😉

Thank you Cara......it is a beautiful place and we`ve enjoyed many visits there now, so time for a break for us I think.

It would be a perfect place for mother/daughter trip.......there are so many options to stay there. We saw some beautiful little guest houses in the centre of the town which looked incredible. But, I`m sure you`ll be spoiled for choice with options to stay there and you`ll be able to fill your time easily there.

Sounds like a fun trip for you both...... ::yes::
Carole, I will impose on you again. Do you happen to recall during which trip you visited St. Augustine and recorded the most information? I would love to read them again. So sorry for constantly getting sidetracked!

Carole, I will impose on you again. Do you happen to recall during which trip you visited St. Augustine and recorded the most information? I would love to read them again. So sorry for constantly getting sidetracked!
Not a problem Cara.......I don`t mind at all, ask whatever you like, if I can help I will.....:)

I "think" these are the two trips that we spent the most time there. I`m not sure the Gin distillery is in any of those, I can`t seem to find that one......but these should give you a little look around St Augustine.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...rs-more-a-2019-hhn-sfr-rpr-tr.3761899/page-42

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...-18-trip-report.3684737/page-10#post-59319265

Last edited:
We do always say we don`t need to go to the parks every day, but sometimes we do just pop in for one ride, or to do the water rides, but not this time.
This is what sounds so appealing to me about your long trips!! You don't have to go to parks every day, and when you do you can just go in for a bit and not feel like you have to stay dusk till dawn to get your money's worth!! I so hope to do this one day!
the nicest Mall in Orlando, Mall at Millenia.......
Really hope to visit this place some day!! Again...never have long enough trips to get to the malls lol...on our shortened thanks to covid trip in 2020 we had planned to finally check this mall out...but it wasn't to be...next time I hope!!
We don`t have anything similar in the UK and the portion sizes always impress us Brits who don`t usually see such massive portions anywhere in restaurants
Their portions are ridiculous!!! I love the food there and the atmosphere...but it's hard when you are travelling and may not have a fridge or anywhere to put leftovers...I feel bad leaving so much food. But I never seem to be able to share because the people I'm with never want the same things lol
but today he wanted something different and opted for Red Velvet Cheesecake for his lunch.
The red velvet cheesecake is my fave...I'm actually not a huge cheesecake fan but that cake has a lot of actual cake it in it lol

This is what sounds so appealing to me about your long trips!! You don't have to go to parks every day, and when you do you can just go in for a bit and not feel like you have to stay dusk till dawn to get your money's worth!! I so hope to do this one day!

Really hope to visit this place some day!! Again...never have long enough trips to get to the malls lol...on our shortened thanks to covid trip in 2020 we had planned to finally check this mall out...but it wasn't to be...next time I hope!!

Their portions are ridiculous!!! I love the food there and the atmosphere...but it's hard when you are travelling and may not have a fridge or anywhere to put leftovers...I feel bad leaving so much food. But I never seem to be able to share because the people I'm with never want the same things lol

The red velvet cheesecake is my fave...I'm actually not a huge cheesecake fan but that cake has a lot of actual cake it in it lol

I really do appreciate that for some folks parks from opening till close is a must do if they`re only there for a shorter time, I don`t think I could do it though with the heat.....the cool of the hotel room or somewhere else calls me a lot!! You`ll love it!!

Mall at Millenia is only 5 -10 minutes away from home, and it`s not a huge mall so you don`t need a lot of time to get through it, I think you`d like it a lot. It`s just so bright and airy and of course it has the Cheesecake Factory.

I never feel bad leaving food.....honestly, I`d much rather folks enjoy what they eat and leave it, rather than try to cram themselves full. We heard folks at the next table a few trips ago try to make their kids eat everything, their plates were almost untouched.....they were Brits so we tend not to do leftovers especially if they were in a hotel.....I`m generalising here of course.....but, we never take food away from restaurants, it`s just not something we do over here either, very rare to see anyone do that, of course portions are a lot smaller over here too.

I very rarely want to share with anyone anyway.......lol....it`s nicer to get a taste of everyone else`s food!

Yes, Tom said that one had more cake in it which he liked. I did get a taste of the cheesecake part.....it was gorgeous!!! He would get it again....... ::yes::

We left the Mall and set about on our mission for this afternoon.

Since we met Lindsey and found out about her fabulous boyfriend and how he actually is Spider-Man......I had joked she needed a tee that told the world her boyfriend was indeed a superhero!! We had kinda laughed about it, but my little brain started thinking we need to get that girl as teeshirt with that written on it.

So, we had gone to a few places we thought might do it, but we were not succesful......we had about given up when Tom mentioned picking up something from Wal-Mart........💡

i-jVdvqVk-S.gif

Yep........so simple......there was a shirt printing business in Wal-Mart!!!! Doh.........

So, off we trundled to Wal-Mart, not a fun place to be on a Sunday, but it wasn`t too bad to be fair.......Tom went into get some more sunscreen and I headed in to the tee shirt place, picked up the smallest tee I could find and the very cool dude asked me what I wanted on it..........I of course repeated........My Boyfriend is Spider-Man........his eyebrow raised like Roger Moore in a James Bond movie and he looked at me like I was Lola from Barry Manilow`s Copacabana after she lost her mind.....:rotfl:

I did laugh and said it wasn`t for me, don`t think he was too surprised by that news........so he asked what she liked and I described her vibe and he said come back in 10 minutes.........I hoped it would be exactly what I had in my mind!!! But, this guy looked as if he knew what he was doing.......

We picked up some groceries.........why can we never come in for one thing and leave.....I swear we are never less than $50 every time we come in here!! Then we went back and we were thrilled with the results! She would love this!!!

Back home I brought it out the sealed bag and popped it in a gift bag we picked up......it was now mid afternoon, so we headed out to walk to RP as the lounge would or should be quiet this time of day and I knew Lindsey was working this afternoon with the lovely Raphael.

The lounge was indeed deserted so when they came over to the table, I handed her the package and she was confused as it was obviously a gift bag.......I told her it was for her and hoped she liked it.........

Her reaction was off the scale!!! She actually dropped when she realised what it was......it was one of those had to be there moments........Raphael as soon as he saw it was a gift shouted for us to get the camera......another Doh moment, so Tom grabbed the camera just before she opened it.

i-4MTJSv7-X2.jpg

i-Jx2RjSN-X2.jpg

i-2vVFhfG-X2.jpg

I think completely overwhelmed could describe it........she was so surprised we had taken the time to go and get something like this for her.....but as soon as I had thought of it last week, I knew we`d go get one for her somehow.....even if we had to go further afield to get it. She is so sweet.

i-GbdLGGR-X2.jpg

And here is the tee.........:charac4:

i-NQpnLtX-X2.jpg

i-zb4V28k-X2.jpg

It was lovely!! And she put it on heading home and Spider-Man was as thrilled to see it as she was.......I can now honestly say I`ve had an email from a real live Spider-Man......and what a lovely email it was too!!!!

She sent us a picture of her wearing it that night at home with her lovely boyfriend in it too......and it looks fabulous!!!

It was lovely to see her so happy with the gift.....she is a very happy young lady anyway and has a very vibrant personality, so we were thrilled to see such a lovely reaction from her.

We sat and chatted some more, and both had a glass of wine tonight as we were planning to eat in Citywalk tonight, nice for Tom to be able to enjoy a glass or two of wine from the lounge. The Concierge Manager came in, waved and sat down with us and chatted tonight, we had spoken to her several times over the last two trips, but it was nice having this time to get to know her a little better, she is so lovely and nice she took the time to sit down and chat to us too.

Maria who is the manager in Orchids also came up to say hello to us tonight. We hadn`t managed to get back down there for dinner yet, but it was so lovely to see her and nice of her to come up and say hello. We`re so lucky to be able to get to know some lovely people over our length of stays.

We didn`t have any, but tonights options were mac n cheese with chicken tenders, one of the more popular choices on offer.

i-CGrpDs4-X2.jpg

i-6PR7ZVR-X2.jpg

I mentioned how we never fancied BigFire as so many folks we know had told us not to bother as it wasn`t great....mostly TM from the hotel and parks too......not good when staff won`t go!! There are several places we won`t eat onsite, Bubba Gump is the main one as we have tried it twice and found it to be dreadful and not somewhere we`ll go again, cocktails were decent though. NBC is now another but Lindsey said she would make a reservation for us in BigFire if we wanted, we said we were just going to wing it and walk up, but she booked it so we`d be guaranteed a table.......which was very kind of her.

Staff in the lounge are Concierge trained, so they can make reservations and do the same things as the staff at the concierge desk downstairs, somefolks don`t realise and head downstairs to ask.

We sat again a little longer but looking at the sky outside, we did wonder if the rain was heading our way so thought we better make a move.

Before we did, the staff know we never make dessert hour, so we got a plate of desserts to enjoy before we did leave. The apple pie ones are very nice, and Tom ate the chocolate ones and did enjoy them, a nice little taster.

i-6sL2rwr-X2.jpg

We headed down to the boat and it wasn`t too busy which was unusual this time of the evening, but once we got off at Citywalk and walked up to Fat Tuesday`s, we saw they had closed down the boat service due to lightning in the area. We had been lucky to catch the last one for a few hours.

Tom went to the bar while I got a table........it felt incredibly humid tonight and you could feel there was a storm on the way. Tom shouted me at this point, I had forgotten the one drink per person rule, so waved to the barman as the recipient of the second drink.......

I have no clue what we both ordered, I know they were both different, but whatever they were, we did enjoy them! I do use my own plastic straws a lot of the time, I hate paper straws with a passion!!

i-VBh45Wj-X2.jpg

i-tZNvnRL-X2.jpg

The sky quickly changed to looking very ominous.........⚡

i-djVLF4P-X2.jpg

We were a little early for our reservation, but wanted to beat the rain and we got to the door of BigFire just as the heavens opened.....and boy was it a doozie of a storm in the end!!!

No problem being early, and we did have a very nice table upstairs.......

i-H9G4dmV-X2.jpg

Our waiter was lovely, he was genuinely very nice and we looked forward to this meal tonight now despite our concerns.

One thing I didn`t like was the bathrooms in here......I loathe shared bathrooms with men. Not all men are messy of course, but generally speaking......it`s a no from me.

We ordered a bottle of wine which was so-so.......nice enough though.

i-bSKxkvq-X2.jpg

It was a nice little area up here, not too busy and there were tables available all over the restaurant.

We were enjoying watching the rain out of the window....it was sweeping in and we hadn`t seen it as bad for a long time. The thunder was now rumbling like crazy and lightning was indeed illuminating the night sky.....we were so glad we had made it before it started as we would have been drenched.

i-Qdfzx7K-X2.jpg

Tom ordered the mussels as an appetiser, I went for the oysters rockefeller which were covered in a béarnaise sauce, spinach, bacon and bread crumbs , even though they weren`t my favoured way of serving them, I prefer them raw with lemon and tabasco, but I`d give them a try.

I went to the bathroom, came back and they had just arrived......they looked ok, just a little small.

i-9WHjxfD-X2.jpg

Tom`s appetiser hadn`t arrived yet, and it only took a few seconds for me to devour these tiny little craters.........and then I was finished. Wouldn`t get them again.

And we waited a little longer.........and then even longer.......it was 15 minutes before our waiter appeared to take my plate and noticed Tom hadn`t has his mussels. He said he would go chase them up. About 10 minutes later, we were just about to give up, his mussels appeared at the tabel and they did look lovely......but at the same time our entrees were being brought up the stairs we could see and sure as fate, a second later the entrees were delivered to our table. Not good.

We told our waiter who had appeared, we didn`t want the mussels now, which he apologised for and said they`d be removed from the check. Tom was gutted......lol.....they did look good.

So, our entrees looked a little unattractive to be honest.

I had gone for the BBQ shrimp which the dish was described as blackened shrimp, a cream sauce. sides of coleslaw and cornbread.

The shrimp were cold and not blackened, there was no cream sauce, they had added sweetcorn which I don`t eat and there was some kind of crumbled cheese on top that I didn`t care for nor did I want it on my dish. This was not good.

i-5dtWmL9-X2.jpg

They cook the steaks in quite a distinctive flavouring, some love it some don`t......we didn`t care for it. Tom said he could eat it, but wouldn`t order it again, however it was well cooked. And that`s about the only good thing we can say about it.

Carrots and potatoes were undercooked to the point of being raw and lacked any flavour whatsoever. Quite an achievement to cook food in such a bland way.

Tom could eat his steak, but even at that, it should have been sizzling on the outside considering how they brag about the heat on the grill they cook on.

i-49qZWMv-X2.jpg

Our waiter did appear to check on us eventually.....I relayed the issues with my dish and he did again, apologise and say he`d redo it for me.......oh I will say, I had tried the cornbread and it was amazing!!! The best cornbread I have ever tasted anywhere.....even my own!! But, apart from that it was a complete failure from the kitchen.

I said no thank you on the offer of remaking the dish and received no explanation of why there was no sauce or blackened shrimp on the plate and why cheese and corn had been added??? More importantly for me, it was cold.

Tom and I like to eat together and it irks us when service or food compromise that time......we enjoy sharing and this was not correct. The kitchen weren`t exactly overwhelmed tonight, so I doubted it was because they were too busy.

The manager came up and apologised again and asked if there was anything they could do to make up for it, we said no thank you, but they sent desserts anyway which were not good either.

We appreciated her taking the time to come and talk to us and obviously remove the items off the check.....we still tipped our waiter as he hadn`t cooked the food so badly and he was very nice.

This was just a heavy pile of thick claggy pastry with a small amount of apples and ice cream on top, the one Tom received was a chocolate dessert that you could have brick up a house with.......and the ice cream on top was slightly off. We didn`t touch either after we poked them a little.

i-DwV7SJr-X2.jpg

i-Sfkvv47-X2.jpg

This is a place we will never return to either.......we`re running out of places to eat in Citywalk now!!!!

Such a disappointment for us as we had hoped it would be a success. Everyone we told about our meal said exactly the same thing............

i-JQKszDb-Th.gif

lol....we deserved that!!!

Definitely somewhere we won`t recommend nor will we go back again. A one and done.....

The rain had finally gone off now thankfully, so we decided to walk as it was such a lovely evening now.......

i-BBxm2Mj-X2.jpg

And such a peaceful walk back home.

i-QvdJ7wK-X2.jpg

We cut through RP and were home in no time at all. Tom asked if I wanted any food as I must be hungry, but it was late and I really wasn`t hungry. So we watched some tv and I fell asleep watching something or other. Tom lay and watched the whole movie and said I didn`t budge the whole time despite the tv being on. I was tired.

It had been a mixed day, such a lovely afternoon, but dinner had been so dreadful.

Tomorrow we had another quiet day, but a lovely Dismeet :thumbsup2

Okay, Carole, I can't get past your comment about sharing the bathroom with the men?????!!!!!!
I have never heard of this at any restaurant before, though we hadn't tried Big Fire, but still....
I know they have family restrooms where you can go together with the kids if needed. Weird! Now I know I will never eat there or, LOL.
Otherwise, loved the reaction of Lindsey and what a sweet thing to do for her! Can't wait for more!

Okay, Carole, I can't get past your comment about sharing the bathroom with the men?????!!!!!!
I have never heard of this at any restaurant before, though we hadn't tried Big Fire, but still....
I know they have family restrooms where you can go together with the kids if needed. Weird! Now I know I will never eat there or, LOL.
Otherwise, loved the reaction of Lindsey and what a sweet thing to do for her! Can't wait for more!

lol.....no, not for me either. We were somewhere recently that had shared bathrooms, I forget where now and the lounge at Manchester Airport were shared facilities too.....I opted to leave the lounge and use the ones outside in the corridor instead.

Tom said they were clean when he went in, but who knows....I just don`t like it.

Lindsey was so taken aback with her surprise, it was so sweet to see her reaction!

More coming up soon......:)

Yeah, we ate at Big Fire once. We had water dripping on us, so we asked to move to a different table. They were annoyed at that. Our meals were just okay, and have never been back. There are much better steak places not far from the parks. We even drove 25 minutes away to a most gorgeous wood decorated steak house, that had one of the best filets I have had, and my daughter almost licked bowl the mashed potatoes side were in, as we had ordered with the steak. The food was that good. And waitstaff was perfect. We rarely eat in CityWalk, other then grabbing pizza there. Why we always have a rental car. Sad you had such a bad experience from the kitchen.

Enjoying reading your reports, and awesome pictures in it. Oh, and we always seem to go that mall, as short drive, and pretty mall. Plus, there’s that donut place and a Target near it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!