• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fujifilm FinePix S700 need advice

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
My DH just got me this for my Bday today:goodvibes . I was looking at them all in a store, he got what he thought I wanted ;) (he knows nothing of cameras) but I haven't looked into reviews and such yet. As I said I have a Fuji now so I have those cards to use, it is 2 years old 5.0MP and I wanted better night pics, my old one did not do well with night pics AT ALL!

Anyone have this camera or know about it? Should I keep this or get a different one? My use is mostly trips and family pics. I take about 900 pics per trip! Lots of night shots.

I leave in 2 weeks and need to decide so I have time to read the manual and play with this.

see samples of night shots at

:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1596675

TIA!!!!!!

Unfortunately the S700 lacks the SuperCCD sensor so it isn't a low light performer like the S6000fd or S9100, though both of those are a significant price jump. (or F30/F31fd/F40fd in compact.. F50fd doesn't count as it's a major step backwards in low light)

darn! Whe looking at the manual, it seems to do a lot more than than my other, A350 did. hmm not sure what to do :confused3 only have a couple weeks to figure this out.

I'm surprised nobody else chimed in on this one, I know you're pretty short on time now to make a change.

Whether you should upgrade the S700 depends on how much you are willing to spend, I suppose (and how much you've liked it so far, of course!). In terms of super-zooms, the S700 is somewhat near the lower end, but it is also priced accordingly. Low light seems to be a top priority for you so I would really recommend looking at the S6000fd, but it's quite a price and size jump (it's about as close to a DSLR as it gets, even looks like one). I am of course biased, because I love my SuperCCD Fuji (mostly used for candids and I HATE flash on people where it can be at all avoided).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter