Fuel Rods

An old thread but just wanted to note I bought a Fuel Rod (finally - lol) just a couple of weeks ago while I was at Pop and it worked really well for me. Sometimes I'd charge my phone from the scooter but many times when I wanted to charge it wasn't convenient (like raining or whatever). I took the Fuel Rod with me while eating and got a charge then. I also passed it along to my kids a couple of times when they needed a quick charge. It isn't a big battery but on the plus side it isn't heavy and there are a lot of kiosks so you can swap. All of the batteries I got as a replacement were in great condition. I like that it comes with 3 types of connectors so it fit everyone's devices. I brought the bigger battery packs but everyone wanted to use this one - lol.

Just wanted to also note I recently saw a DISPOSABLE charger (for iphones only) for about $5 at a local shop. It's something like this (and there are many other types on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/KICKCHARGE-Compatible-iPhone-Pre-Charged-Single-Use/dp/B07GGRNVQQ . I'm not advocating that brand - I didn't try any of them. Kind of interesting - kind of wasteful - maybe nice to keep for an emergency.

I also had an issue last weekend in Disney's California Adventure where the swapping side was not working and called Customer Service--took more like five minutes but the rep was able to have the machine spit out a new fuel rod (not the entire kit). What was weird was I have two fuel rods and it swapped the first one just fine. The second was a no-go. So now I have three fuel rods . . . . .

And just a note---there are not kiosks at all resorts. Saratoga Springs (as an example) does not have one.

And just a note---there are not kiosks at all resorts. Saratoga Springs (as an example) does not have one.

Yes - good point. I checked the map because of an upcoming stay at the Dolphin and the Swan/Dolphin don't appear to have them nor does the Beach/Yacht Club. I'll just plan to swap at the parks

An old thread but just wanted to note I bought a Fuel Rod (finally - lol) just a couple of weeks ago while I was at Pop and it worked really well for me. Sometimes I'd charge my phone from the scooter but many times when I wanted to charge it wasn't convenient (like raining or whatever). I took the Fuel Rod with me while eating and got a charge then. I also passed it along to my kids a couple of times when they needed a quick charge. It isn't a big battery but on the plus side it isn't heavy and there are a lot of kiosks so you can swap. All of the batteries I got as a replacement were in great condition. I like that it comes with 3 types of connectors so it fit everyone's devices. I brought the bigger battery packs but everyone wanted to use this one - lol.

Just wanted to also note I recently saw a DISPOSABLE charger (for iphones only) for about $5 at a local shop. It's something like this (and there are many other types on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/KICKCHARGE-Compatible-iPhone-Pre-Charged-Single-Use/dp/B07GGRNVQQ . I'm not advocating that brand - I didn't try any of them. Kind of interesting - kind of wasteful - maybe nice to keep for an emergency.

Well, as an update we still have all of our "original" Fuel Rods - we just recharge them ourselves every night! LOL. I think the fact that they include all the adapters is fantastic, especially for the price! And you can use those connectors and cable with other battery packs as well. With Disney increasingly including USB chargers in every hotel room, they really are a handy addition to every trip.

I understand the desire for a "disposable" charger, but dang, I have a lot of concerns about that! Personally, I much prefer something rechargeable, because not only is it less expensive per use in the long run, but (marginally?) better for the environment; our little city has an agressive (and easily accessible) lithium-ion recycling program, but not everyone does. Having said that, I do make sure that all of our packs are recharged on a regular basis; it's just one more thing to remember, but I created a monthly reminder in my iPhone, so it's as easy as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter