Ft. Belvoir

lovegrumpy

DIS Veteran
We have a chance on livivng there. So has anyone ever been there. If so can I have toe good and the bad.

As you can see from my signature I am an Army Mom. We lived at Ft. Belvoir for a year with DS to take care of grandchildren while DDIL was in basic and AIT. I really like it there. We lived on post (Stiles Rd.) and most of the housing is new. If you have to live in older housing they are building lots more.

Ft. Belvoir is about 7 miles from Huntington metro stop. This is the best way to go into DC because of parking. Several branches of military are housed there.

They do not have a high school or middle school on post. The elementary school is alright. They do have some good teachers. Students do not wear uniforms, at least they did not last year.

I can't think of anything else to tell you but I know we all liked it there. DDIL is stationed at Ft. Meade, MD so we moved up there and son commutes back to DC.

We weren't at Ft. Belvoir, but were in the DC area. As far as the area goes, we loved it. There was always something to do, even if it was just hoping on the Metro and hanging out at the Musuems, Natl Mall, or the Zoo.

Traffic was probably the biggest problem.

DH is in the Navy and about 7 yrs ago we were stationed in DC. We lived about 15 mins down the road from Ft Belvoir and I used them for my medical and the commisary since it was closer than the Navy ones. We liked it alot, never had any problems.

We were stationed at the Pentagon, but lived right outside Belvoir in a community called Kingstowne. It was AWESOME! It was one of our best assignments. The commissary and post amenities are very good. The Springfield Metro station and Springfield Mall are very close as is the Van Dorn station. Good luck! I'm soooo jealous! Oh, the schools in Kingstowne are very good as well.

My DH and I were both stationed at Ft. Belvoir. Even though it was 1989 - 91 I figured I would add my two cents. We loved it there. We loved all the history that was so close and the housing was great. Traffic can be a bear and I am sure it is much worse now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter