Frustrated with IT.

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I’ve been reading about how bad disneys IT dept is And now I can see it first hand. Recently Disney’s changed one of the ports on our cruise so even though Monday we were able to book tours the port they changed couldn’t be booked until the 31 at midnight. So I’m pratacting so when midnight comes I know what I’m doing since I’ll have to do this on my phone. So here it is almost midnight in FL and I keep getting the message that they can’t retrieve reservations at this time. This is going to be nuts. Any ideas or tips. I realize it’s rather late but I have a feeling I’ll be trying most of the night. Thanks all and good night

Sorry for jumping the gun but there was only one tour we wanted and finally after trying for 45 minutes I was able to get it. Can’t believe it. Now I have all our tours booked. Next is the on line check in

Glad you got it and agree need to work on refreshing the website / background IT items.

Royal Caribbean isn't much better if it makes you feel any better. I clicked around for what seemed like an hour the other day to see the new port's arrival / departure time (our upcoming Alaskan cruise changed ports). Used to be very visible but everything lead me to purchasing items for the cruise. New port only has two excursions, one which booked fully the day it landed and the other is a gondola ride that can be purchased at the port.

Carnival's is much more straight forward. Calendar defaults with port arrival and departure times.

They should all look at each other's sites and pull together the best of each to make improvements across the board.

I believe we are on the same cruise. I refreshed and refreshed last night so that I could reserve the excursion that I wanted. It took an hour to finally get my reservation and the booking page. Additionally, as soon as I got to reserve the excursion and hit save it immediately went to the page that said that they couldn't retrieve reservations and to check back later, so I had to keep refreshing until I could see if, indeed, I had reserved the tour we wanted. Disney just can't seem to be able to accommodate all the traffic when new booking dates open up.

My additional complaint deals with the excursions that are offered. Many of the offerings that Disney posted on the port adventures link are not being offered on our cruise. A lot are missing. Most of them are ones that involve bus travel to areas that are signature attractions for the area. The private car bookings ae not offered either. One port had 7 excursions listsd, 4 of which were iterations of the same tour, small group, adult , family and another for anyrone. Of the remaining 3, two were also for the same excurion. So theere wer only 3 excursions for that port. Of course, we wanted something else that had been on the planning list online. I almost feel like its a bait and switch. I know you can not offer all of them for each cruise, and our cruise is offered as a special so it may not be well attended, but for those of us who have booked, I feel like they should provide a bit more choice, rather than trying to shuffle everyone on a few offerings and filling them to capacity. First world issues I guess.

I believe we are on the same cruise. I refreshed and refreshed last night so that I could reserve the excursion that I wanted. It took an hour to finally get my reservation and the booking page. Additionally, as soon as I got to reserve the excursion and hit save it immediately went to the page that said that they couldn't retrieve reservations and to check back later, so I had to keep refreshing until I could see if, indeed, I had reserved the tour we wanted. Disney just can't seem to be able to accommodate all the traffic when new booking dates open up.

My additional complaint deals with the excursions that are offered. Many of the offerings that Disney posted on the port adventures link are not being offered on our cruise. A lot are missing. Most of them are ones that involve bus travel to areas that are signature attractions for the area. The private car bookings ae not offered either. One port had 7 excursions listsd, 4 of which were iterations of the same tour, small group, adult , family and another for anyrone. Of the remaining 3, two were also for the same excurion. So theere wer only 3 excursions for that port. Of course, we wanted something else that had been on the planning list online. I almost feel like its a bait and switch. I know you can not offer all of them for each cruise, and our cruise is offered as a special so it may not be well attended, but for those of us who have booked, I feel like they should provide a bit more choice, rather than trying to shuffle everyone on a few offerings and filling them to capacity. First world issues I guess.
The missing excursions may show up later. We’ve had that be the case before—I assume because they still had to finalize the agreement and schedule with a vendor.

Gee I was so focused on the one tour in Ireland Thst I didn’t realize the tours that were gone. I just thought they were booked before I got a chance. If they do add more tours then it’s going to be a mad dash again🤪.
Someone menytjis being a special cruise. I know it’s the 25 so is something special going on. Basically what’s making this one special

Basically what’s making this one special
I assume you are on a British Isles cruise -- there's only 1 or 2 cruise dates doing that itinerary all year. So DCL doesn't have regular on-going contracts with the vendors like they do for Bahama or Caribbean ports. Plus you mentioned there was a recent port change, which I'm sure created additional efforts for DCL to secure port adventures.

I just love that I’ve tried to use the same picture for multiple cruises and sometimes it’s accepted and sometimes it’s not. Just make up your mind
I just love that I’ve tried to use the same picture for multiple cruises and sometimes it’s accepted and sometimes it’s not. Just make up your mind!
I’ve had the situation where my selfie was ‘rejected’ because according to DCL IT it was the same as the passport photo when they were clearly different pictures !!! Was extremely frustrating as e-mails querying rejection were never answered & it took multiple attempts for system to work out the pictures were NOT the same ??

We have been trying to get our tours for Hawaii what a mess , some are not there at all that we were looking at or you get though only to get a gray box at the end.

We might just have to take anything just to have a tour or find something on our own .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter