Frustrated planning first trip with FP+

Im with your DH on that. I really would like to see what a day would look like with no FP at all. To me, it was the best part of doing the Halloween party. Just get in line and ride with decent times. Now I know the parties are less crowded than a normal day, but I still believe waits across the board would be lower without any FP. But, we are never going back to that.
This did exist. People did parks (all over the country) without FP of any sort back in the 70s. Still do go without FP of any sort in some parks. Lines were LONG, everyone was in 1 line, vs 2. That's why Disney (and others) started to come up with something to split the crowds, with some using FP and some using stand by. What they could do is tweak their ratios so more stand by get in per hour, and drop some FP from the numbers issued. Yeah, I know that would reduce the odds of getting some FP but if would also shorten some wait times for stand by, so maybe win-win?

This did exist. People did parks (all over the country) without FP of any sort back in the 70s. Still do go without FP of any sort in some parks. Lines were LONG, everyone was in 1 line, vs 2. That's why Disney (and others) started to come up with something to split the crowds, with some using FP and some using stand by. What they could do is tweak their ratios so more stand by get in per hour, and drop some FP from the numbers issued. Yeah, I know that would reduce the odds of getting some FP but if would also shorten some wait times for stand by, so maybe win-win?

I think the changing of the ratio is the way to go. It can be brutal to wait 75 mins in a line that only moves every 5 mins or so. I'd rather wait in two 45 min lines that constantly move vs one 75 minute that rarely moves and one 10 minute FP one, even if the net difference is less. I guess its just a matter of perspective/preference.

Im with your DH on that. I really would like to see what a day would look like with no FP at all. To me, it was the best part of doing the Halloween party. Just get in line and ride with decent times. Now I know the parties are less crowded than a normal day, but I still believe waits across the board would be lower without any FP. But, we are never going back to that.

Unfortunately, MNSSHP is completely misrepresenting what a typical day at MK would be like without FP.

There is so much activity for the MNSSHP party that draws people away from the rides (versus a typical day). For instance:
  • The super popular parades (twice)
  • The super popular Hallowishes
  • The Castle Shows
  • Trick or treating
  • Dance Parties
  • Special, unique Meet and Greets
MNSSHP is all about not going on rides (even though they are low wait, I agree, and I love hitting a few of them with low waits)

Knowing how quickly I can get on at least a few rides with FP+, I can't imagine MK without it.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter