Frustrated at lack of dining info?

dixonsontour

DIS Veteran
Is it just me or is the info on the official disneyparis website woeful about dining?

Do they not want to put menus and prices up in case people go how much?! and don't book.

Alot of peoples negative comments about DLRP stem from the food and cost of it. Better info would mean more people could make the right choices for them and get the best value for money for them(not necessarily the cheapest option).

We were clueless when we went last year. At first bought fast food in the parks eg I can remember DH being disgusted at paying 10 euro for a small hot dog meal in caseys, and it really clouded his view of the whole experience. Expensive, very small portion compared to casey's in WDW, cold food etc

A few days in we wised up a bit eg DH polished off the humongous burger in Annettes got his free milkshake - paid say 20 euro but was happy because he felt he wasn't being ripped off.

I've just spent far longer than I should trying to find a menu with prices for the rainforest cafe. London yes - Paris no. Why?

If they would just put the menus on, with specials, opening times etc then people could plan! I know by all the dining questions on here I am not alone.

Yes I know menus are on the dlrpdining website but they seen very old and out of date.

i couldnt agree more. it has taken two trips before we figurered out how to not get ripped off. im still not sure we will get it completely right for next time lol. basically fast food at disney is a total waste of money. too expensive for what you get and clearly they dont get the FAST food part. is it just me or is waiting 20 minutes for a burger ridiculous. i think the menus in the review thread are more recent than the dlrp food guide but still how hard would it be for disney to just put them on there website.

ok rant over lol

This one is more up-to-date

magicalkingdoms.

However there does seem to be a lack of information about dining at DLRP. There are only two sites that I know of but they aren't generally supported by the masses.

What it needs is for someone to set up a website and for those going to contantly take pictures of menu's and prices to keep everything bang up to date.....:idea:

I have to say I completely agree! I was tryin to find out about HB vouchers and found it impossible. Thank goodness for the dis!

Folks this is the same for most destinations. They presume that it will be to labour intensive to keep up to date.

Hence why we need the good folks here to post up recent experiences and photographs of menus for restaurants :thumbsup2

I completely agree, especially as we have half board vouchers and i would like to know what is on the menu for the half board voucher at all the restaurants as i want to book in advance. Some of the restaurants get booked up early but i don't want to book only to find that when we get there i don't like the look of the menu.

Ro

I completely agree, especially as we have half board vouchers and i would like to know what is on the menu for the half board voucher at all the restaurants as i want to book in advance. Some of the restaurants get booked up early but i don't want to book only to find that when we get there i don't like the look of the menu.

Ro

the only thing you can do is book anyway and have a look around when you get there. you can always cancel if you dont like the look of the menu.

Dining information on the official site seems alot poorer than on the official WDW site though. Yet they are both disney? The half board plan info seems very lacking in particular.

If i was going anywhere for a day out etc and planning on eating at a chain restaruant I would expect to be able to look at the menu online beforehand to see if it would suit.

I know they have the menus displayed outside but I don't want to tour around looking for a place that suits us.

eg we go to rainforest cafe at 5.05pm, deal ended at 5, DD 3 tired and hungry and excited to go in - do I pay full price and feel ripped off or say let's find somewhere else and waste holiday time trailing aroung looking at menus (with a tired hungry DD 3 in tow). Or take the easy option and go to mcdonalds then come home and tell everyone all food is a rip off and you have to eat in mc d everynight! (untrue but that was said to me before we went for the first time)

Thanks for the magical menus link - i'd not come accross that one.

What I really want is allears menus for dlrp (bang up to date and prices) and a nice dis food p*rn link like they have for wdw! And no sorry i'm not offering to do it!

allthough i do think disney could do more on their website i have found the restaraunt reviews very helpful. thats where i have based my dining desisions from and so far i havent been dissapointed. so thanks to all those who contribute

Without this board i'd be totally at a loss - thanks dis

Maybe we could do a dining tips thread?!

I'd also agree the dis dining reviews are great thanks everyone for taking the time to do them.

But I see things on there and think i wonder if it is still available or how much does it cost and then can't find the information...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter