Frozen Ever After broken down

Farps

DIS Veteran
Frozen Ever After broken down. Waited 2 1/2 hours just entered building and then announcement came over the speakers " experiencing technical difficulties and ride is down"

Maybe it will be back up quickly. I will say, I tried the opening of Test Track for ages when it first came out. - And this was during the days of cast member previews. It seems it would work for about 20 minutes and close for a few days. In the mean time, grab a tasty treat and enjoy the day, it is an opening day after all.

Hence the reason for "soft openings" or "dress rehearsals". I went to Animal Kingdom 6 weeks before it opened for free. CMs, ride features, etc need to work out the bugs for a while...not just a few days with CMs. I feel bad for the CMs today.

I always wondered if soft openings they purposely stopped the ride to test being evacuated.

Just because there weren't soft openings doesn't mean they didn't run the attraction, even using the CM. Now if they didn't run the ride for a full day, then that's stupid on their part

We did finally get to ride, it is a very good makeover. Personally if the ride had a posted wait time of 2 1/2 - 3 hours I would not have waited. We walked through the gates at about 8:50ish. Headed straight to Frozen, they held everyone up at the entrance to World Showcase for a few minutes. At nine the crowd proceeded to Norway, from there we were queued just outside of Norway and I would have thought about a 1 1/2 hour wait. Needless to say 1 1/2 hours later and we had not even reached the entrance to the building yet. By then we were in to deep and just toughed it out.

We did finally get to ride, it is a very good makeover. Personally if the ride had a posted wait time of 2 1/2 - 3 hours I would not have waited. We walked through the gates at about 8:50ish. Headed straight to Frozen, they held everyone up at the entrance to World Showcase for a few minutes. At nine the crowd proceeded to Norway, from there we were queued just outside of Norway and I would have thought about a 1 1/2 hour wait. Needless to say 1 1/2 hours later and we had not even reached the entrance to the building yet. By then we were in to deep and just toughed it out.
Wow! This must be some sort of record. 8:50-3:30.

BigFatPanda has a youtube video of the ride.

ETA: My kids and I prefer/miss Maelstrom but I suppose we see it needed to change.

It seems to be the new animatronics.

However, Malestrom was often up and down because the water tank backstage was always overflowing. I hope they fixed that during the refurb but who knows if they did or not.

I've checked the Touring Plans app for wait times today and both times it was down. Hope they're able to fix the problems soon and that it doesn't continue to happen. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter