• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen after all, Tuesday, Spring break

slzer0

DIS Veteran
We aren't getting tickets until right before the trip, so I highly doubt we will get FP.

Are the wait times for this ride manageable yet? Is Tuesday a slower day? I really don't want to wait in an hours long line with a 5 and 9yo.

I was thinking about taking a bus from POR to Boardwalk and taking the back gate in, super early. Thoughts?

we went over Thanksgiving weekend and waited about an hour. my suggestion is download a fun app or come up with a fun game to play while on line because the que is really boring IMO

You don't get in until Rope Drop regardless of which gate you use. I'm not sure if the International Gateway has any advantage over the front gate. Best bet I think is to make sure you are there before the park opens, ready at rope drop, and go with that first big crowd. There will be a line to stand in, but it will probably be the shortest the line is all day.

International Gateway looks like a shorter walk, with probably less crowd?

Funny enough it's only 55m right now, lol, but we will be there spring break so I expect high crowds.

I usually only go during lower crowd times but my sister wanted to come down with my niece over spring break.

It's "Frozen Ever After" and the lines won't be "manageable" for at least a few years.

The best way to ride is to get there early and walk quickly to the ride..you'll be walking with 1,000+ other people, so getting their early is key. When it's not first thing in the morning there's usually a 90+ minute wait.

Go to the main entrance, not the international gateway. The walk from the IG is further in distance and there's a way better chance of getting let in earlier at the main entrance vs IG

90 minutes we can handle, it's the stories I hear about 3-4h wait times that scare me. Eek!

Initially I wasn't planning to do rope drop, since we will be utilizing evening EMH (late ADR).
Maybe we'll take an afternoon break if we're going to do both.

No 3-4 hour waits are really only the first couple days a ride is opened. Frozen waits seem to usually be around 60-180 min.

Your best bet is to get there early in the morning and walk quickly. I never stay on site so idk what FEA wait times are like during PM EMH, but I imagine it's still decently significant as that's usually what everyone is wanting to ride.

We rode it this past Saturday. Got to the park at 8am for 9am opening, walked normal pace to Frozen (got passed by a lot of people speed walking) and when we got to the line I started the stopwatch on my phone. We got on the ride with a 21 min wait.

We were at rope drop and went to Soarin first...then to Test Track...then to Mission Space and then to FEA...we waited 25 minutes but that was on Marathon Sunday

I was thinking about taking a bus from POR to Boardwalk and taking the back gate in, super early. Thoughts?
I don't think they offer direct bus service from POR to Boardwalk. However, you could take a bus to DHS and then boat or walk over to the International Gateway entrance. Or you could just take Uber/Lyft.

We aren't getting tickets until right before the trip, so I highly doubt we will get FP.

Are the wait times for this ride manageable yet? Is Tuesday a slower day? I really don't want to wait in an hours long line with a 5 and 9yo.

Since me and my family stay by the pool and the resort in the morning and afternoon, we go to the parks at night. When we first got to EPCOT, Frozen is way over 100 min so what my family and I do is we wait till about 8:50 and hop on the line before the park closes at 9 and the wait usually says about 90 min but everytime I did this, it was only about a 30-40 min wait.

No doubt that FEA is a very popular ride and the lines tend to be really long, but some of it is luck of the draw and how many FP+ show up while you're in queue.

The only time we rode it was last summer. I forget exact dates now, but we rode it something like July 2nd or 3rd. The ride opened in late June, so it had only been open for a few weeks. That was when there were stories of 3-4 hour waits. Our first day at WDW was something like June 18th, but we stayed away from FEA because we knew what it would be like since it was the grand opening, and we couldn't get a FP+. One of those early days, we rode the monorail from MK to Epcot, and we could see the line stretching all the way out (I think it was the monorail, but anyway, I remember seeing the line). So our last day in Epcot, we got there right around park open...we don't do 45 minute early rope drops. We walked quickly to Soarin' and got right on. We then had a FP+ for TT, which we did. At that point, it was something like 9:45am. We had time to kill before our next FP+, and were trying to decide what to do. I knew DD9 really wanted to ride FEA...I could see that sad look in her eyes of "We're not going to get to ride it, are we?" So I pulled up the Lines app...it said that the posted wait time was 90 minutes, but the actual wait time was 45 minutes. We decided to just go for broke and try it. We hustled over to FEA and were amazed. Sure enough, a CM was standing outside with a sign saying the wait was 90 minutes. But we walked in and the line wasn't horribly long. We saw very few FP+ going through, so it was boat after boat of standby. We waited 27 minutes.

I know that was probably luck of the draw, and we chalked it up that way, but you never know. Keep an eye on the line times, I like the Lines app, and you may get lucky.

There is no bus like this. You would have to go to DHS and then get to the IG which is about a mile walk or 20-30 minute boat ride.

And if you are thinking the IG is a shorter distance than front gate of Epcot, it's about the same distance to Norway either way.

Robo's map -

Epcot-FrontIG-to-Frozen-021617_zpsoorxcw5g.jpg

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/#post-56460947

Our experience has also been overinflated wait times at FEA as well. The last time we went we got in line just after the ride came back online from a breakdown. Wait time said 120 but there was no real SB line so we gave it a whirl. There were a ton of FP people returning so we waited 45 minutes before we were on the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter