From the Anniversary Podcast My wayback Virtual Tour of Tinkerbells Nightly Flight.

WebmasterBob

<font color=red>Bawb, Podcast Rock Star<br><font c
:welcome: I will attempt to describe what the flight of Tinkerbell might be like during the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. :)

I must warn everyone don't try this at home we are trained professionals!!! :rotfl2:

I will be doing a simulated flight so you can get an Idea what it is like.

We start with the costume. I will be putting on the lime green tights :rolleyes: ( this way everyone that visits the DIS will know it is me because that seems to be the official color that people will be wearing as a ribbon to identify them at the parks. What better way to spot me). Next we put on the top that has the wings attached. :rolleyes: This is also where they attach the cable so I can fly across the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle. After I am dressed we will go up to the tower in the Castle. :) On the front of the castle in front you will see the tallest tower. On this tower you will see a window. This is the window we will go out of. The flight path that I will take and the real Tinkerbell takes is from the castle tower over to the building that has the Plaza Pavilion fast food area near Tomorrowland. If you look up at the castle during the day you will be able to see the cable that is used for the flight. This is a good way of finding the actual flight path taken. Now before I fly I will give you the prime viewing location to see Me or Tinkerbell fly on nights that the Magic Kingdom has a Fireworks display. If you are anywhere near the front of the castle you will see the flight:scared1: . You can see the flight as far back as the Plaza Ice Cream Shop or Casey's Corner on Main St. The other place to view the flight is on the bridge going over to Tomorrowland. That is the best spot :thumbsup2 to see Tinkerbell or me fly over. Well all the preparation is done, :rolleyes1 the flight is ready to happen. I think I will peek out this little window and see what I see.

Wow look at the crowd down there party: . I can see all the board moderators standing on the bridge so they can get great pictures of the flight.:)

Look at that, there is Pete down there ready to snap pictures with his new Digital camera.

Well the lights are all turned down and here comes the announcement.

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls - - .

Time to go, the spotlight is on the tower. We open the window and hook up the safety harness. :) Well here goes nothing. :tink: Just as I push off from the castle I think to myself. :eek: I should be getting big bucks for this !:scared1:HELP!!!!!!! :eek: I yell to the DIS Group :disrocks: as I fly over,Get me down from here!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Don’t forget to wave I must not forget to wave to all the little kids :tink: I wave to the crowd :wave2: , waving my magic wand pixiedust: and :eek: finish my flight.

This has been a simulation of an actual flight:cool: that a real cast member actually does every night the Magic Kingdom has fireworks.

And before the question is asked

This is not something you can do at the Magic Kingdom. I have made up my flight for the purpose of giving you info in a fun way :cool:. The info is what an actual cast member really does.

:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

:lmao:

Lime green tights and a top with wings attached. Is the top long enough? Are there bloomers (lime green, of course) involved here? perhaps just weren't worth mentioning?

on a more serious note - my kudos to the cast members doing that - I would be terrified!

Great simulation! I feel like I was right there with ya Bob!! Good thing you didn't lose your boot while you were flying over! That might really hurt someone. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter