From E-ticket to AP pass...where do I go?

mickeyforprez

Earning My Ears
Hi there simi-new to the forum, but I come here for info every time I'm planning a Disneyland vacation because there is a lot of good information here. Before I start babbling I'd like to thank you all for a great forum, even though I rarely post.

Sooo...I just bought my very first disneyland Deluxe AP :cool1: It printed out in E-ticket form on my computer and now I'm kinda wondering what they are going to hand me at the front gate, where in the park do I take what they hand me, and how long the whole thing is going to take? Also can I take this e-ticket to DCA or must I take it into DL first? When we get there depending on the time I'd kinda like to run in to DCA first thing to pick up WOC fast passes. If I have to go DL first then we will probably just do WOC on the second night.

Just trying to plan ahead alittle so I know what to expect when I get there.

You can take the printout directly to the turnstiles at either park and they will give you a temporary ticket that you can use to get FP's at the parks. You must, however, visit the ticket booths at some point during that first day to exchange the paper ticket for the plastic card. You will also at some point during the day have to go to a photopass photographer and they will take your picture that will be linked to your AP. You cannot get your picture taken until you get the plastic card from a ticket booth. It shouldn't take very long, just depends how long the lines are at the ticket booths, which is why you may want to enter using the temporary ticket first to get FP's, then take care of the trade-in at some point in the afternoon.

Hi! So exciting to have an AP, isn't it? The process is easy, but there are a few steps.

You can take the printed e-voucher to either park directly to the turnstiles. They will hand you a paper ticket right then and there. You can use this to go get a WOC FP.

At some point during the day you will need to visit a ticket booth to get your paper ticket converted into a plastic AP. I would recommend visiting the ticket booth when the lines in the morning die down somewhat. Once you have your permanent AP you will need to find a photopass photographer in either park. They will take your picture and attach it to your AP account.

I would try to take care of the photo ASAP because they will politely ask you to get it done if you park hop and haven't taken the picture yet. Better to get it done right away.

Hopefully this helps you plan and have a great trip! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for your quick replies! two more quick questions.

1. can I take the e-ticket directly to the ticket booth?

2. can I park-hop with the temporary pass? IE: Go get fast passes at DCA, then head over to DL then go get perm pass from booth, take a break and then in the evening go back into a park for a picture?

2. can I park-hop with the temporary pass? IE: Go get fast passes at DCA, then head over to DL then go get perm pass from booth, take a break and then in the evening go back into a park for a picture?

Yes to both! Like ArchOwl said, when you go to reenter the parks that night, if you haven't had your picture taken yet, they will likely tell you to do so.

Yes you can.

Yes!

I went from a one-day ticket to an AP (at the ticket booth), but FWIW, I waited until mid-day of the *second* day of the AP to have my picture taken. Be prepared if you do that...they WILL harp on you about it, and you must show your ID when entering a park.

I just kept forgetting to do it, it wasn't on purpose.

Just wanted to add – it can take time for the picture to be attached to your card so be sure to get your hand stamped and/or have ID with you when park hopping. Hand stamping is easier IMO.

We got our plastic card before the park opened and got our picture taken ASAP when entering the park – but it was not yet attached to our card when we tried to re-enter late afternoon. I’m glad we all had our ID with us! My girls don’t always carry theirs.

As my children are 6 and 8 they don't really have any form of photo ID,.. we'll just have to be sure to get our hand stamped. They both sort of like to have the stamp on their hand anyhow so this shouldn't be an issue.

Where do you find the "picture takers"? Are they in a certain area? We are getting AP's for our trip next week and we've had AP's before but it's been a while.... last time we had to go to city hall for our pics so where do we go for the pics now?

Where do you find the "picture takers"? Are they in a certain area? We are getting AP's for our trip next week and we've had AP's before but it's been a while.... last time we had to go to city hall for our pics so where do we go for the pics now?

Any photopass photograPher

You can also go to the Photo Shop on Main Street and have your picture taken there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter