• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mommajo143

DIS Veteran
DS8 was selected for district All Star team. He is a catcher & we live in the Deep South. It is hot & humid from April / May through October / November...Anyhow, They had their first big tournament this weekend and it was great, except one thing. We are only allowed one ‘team’ ice chest into the ballpark. I understand ~ ball park is trying to make money & keep alcohol out (sadly, these games are intense enough - can’t imagine adding beer!) So, each day of play we put a ziploc with frog tog chilly towels in the team ice chest. By end of tournament we had 2 of them ‘go missing.’ One gone each day.

DH says it’s only $20 & to let it go. I’m not loving that idea but fine, I’ll let it go. But we play 7/4-7/8 and I’m gonna have to buy new towels for DS. Plus we have a few more tournaments through summer. Any thoughts on ways to mark them? Contemplating letting dry out & using permanent marker but uniforms are white & dont want it to fade on them; also not sure it’ll ‘stay.’ Have a friend with monogramming business that’ll sew his initials or last name on for $5 each, but not sure it’s worth $5 monogram in a $10 chilly towel or how well the fabric would hold up; Last option is heat vinyl - I have vinyl & heat press, but not sure if it it’ll ruin / melt the material or if will stay on in the ice Chest? Thoughts? Ideas? I know it may seem cheap or whatever but over the course of several games over the summer i can see it adding up...

*edited for typos

Attachments

• F190820C-E9C4-4B03-B0A7-53D623DDE968.jpeg
    F190820C-E9C4-4B03-B0A7-53D623DDE968.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 06E0989B-AC8D-431F-8E59-1A50DC85DD4D.jpeg
    06E0989B-AC8D-431F-8E59-1A50DC85DD4D.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 10
Is each player allowed a backpack? I would look into putting a small soft side insulated lunch pack with a "blue ice" to keep it cool that way. Trying to keep personal items in a community chest is a lot to keep up with.

Is each player allowed a backpack? I would look into putting a small soft side insulated lunch pack with a "blue ice" to keep it cool that way. Trying to keep personal items in a community chest is a lot to keep up with.
That’s a good idea - we could def put it in his bat bag.

Buy the towels in a “girly” color so the boys will be less likely to keep yours?
I learned this trick from a lady who was very active in the Boy Scouts. All her tools and camping equipment is pink. The boys never fail to return things they have borrowed.

Put cheap white wet washcloths in ziploc bags with ice amd keep in the cooler. Same thing and they won't go missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter