Friends and Family question - very large group planning advice; Thank you!

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
A large group of us is going to WDW in the fall. My son, his family, and all his wife's extended family will be in one group - 17 or 18 in all. I'll be going with my husband and sister-in-law. For obvious reasons, we don't plan to hang around with the large group, though we plan to be at the same park on the same days, "just in case". We do, however, plan to share one meal together as a large group, per park. I'm going to help secure reservations, so I feel I need to be linked in order to do so. I don't plan to help with Genie+ or $LL reservations. I don't like to be overwhelmed, and I feel as if I may when making our group of 3 their G+ selections.
My question is, do I have to be linked to help with dining reservations, and if so, how easy is it to book $LL, VQs, and G+ with so many on my friends list? I know some have experienced this, so any input would be helpful. Normally, if planning a couples trip or something like that I drop the "excess" friends not traveling with us, and usually, I plan with my son and family as we normally travel and plan together. This is something different. For at least 12 of the other party, this trip will be their one and done, so I'd like to help make it more magical.

While you don't need to be linked to others to make ADRs, if you are those ADRs will show in their plans and they will be alerted if they try to make other plans and the times overlap.

One of the main dining “wishes” is to eat at Cinderella Castle. I know you have to prepay - do you not have to list the guests at that time?

Also, if not linked, could I give them the reservation number and let them add it that way? I’m sure when trying for a VQ I can pick my party beforehand but not sure of the G+ or $LL

First of, what a great trip you have planned with 18 people. I love big family trips.
No, you do not have to be linked, however if there are some things that you want to do with them or specific person(s) it is easier to be linked.
VQ, you have to be prepared and right on time when the clock turns 00. Best wishes, and have a magical time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter