Friend may have to have surgery - we leave in 3 weeks for WDW, help!

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
She injured herself and now may have to have surgery involving the breast area. Does this mean our trip is canceled or can someone have surgery , recover for a week and go on vacation?
I'll have the ECV for her anyway to make it easier. I know this will be just a wait and see sort of thing. Man, I hate to lose that AP rate at the Poly concierge!

There are a LOT of surgeries that can be recovered from in a small amount of time... What does your friend or her doctor say? How invasive is the surgery? What's the expected outcome or limitation? All good questions to ask! Best of luck to your friend!

Certainly we will just have to wait and see what the doc says. I'm a nurse and I'm still not sure how long recovery from this could be. Although it's not breast implants, it would be like getting breast implants as far as recovery time, etc... - I believe.

UPDATE; looks like she won't need surgery! Yipie! Please say a prayer or two that we make it to Disney in 3 weeks- she and I both need this vacation!!

Here's some surgery avoiding pixie dust. Hope it works and you both have lots of fun.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Here's a sprinkling OF PIXIE DUST!! Best wishes to you both!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter