Fridges in Wilderness Lodge Rooms

TinkFan74

DIS Veteran
I need to store my insulin pen in a fridge while I am at wdw, are the new mini fridges at Wilderness Lodge cold enough for this? They look like they could be more of a drink cooler which might not be cold enough.
Thank you

They are more like drink coolers but if it is a medical need Bell Services has legitimate refrigerators and they will be happy to store your insulin pen.

You can also have them bring you a real fridge to plug-in if you need it for insulin. My pens though are good for 30 days without refrigeration.

For the record, all regular Disney resort rooms have the same type of fridges now, not just WL.

I need to store my insulin pen in a fridge while I am at wdw, are the new mini fridges at Wilderness Lodge cold enough for this? They look like they could be more of a drink cooler which might not be cold enough.
Thank you
We have found that these fridges are cold enough. In fact, some of them get too cold. :)

For the record, all regular Disney resort rooms have the same type of fridges now, not just WL.
The room we stayed at in the Alligator Bayou section of Riverside had the older fridge, not the new glass door frig.

For my own piece of mind, I'd bring a thermometer along to check temp. For something as important as medical needs , I wouldn't want to chance with any fridge hoping it's working as it should. I would check the temp of a water bottle after sitting in fridge for a while.

The room we stayed at in the Alligator Bayou section of Riverside had the older fridge, not the new glass door frig.
I think that's an anomaly. They replaced those way back before covid. It was due to fire hazard or something with the older ones. Maybe they ran out and there are a few stragglers?

We prop the cabinet door open. It always increase airflow which drops the temp in the fridge by quite a lot in my experience. We wedge something in the door just near the hinge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter