Fridge at All Star

We've never rented one, but I've been told it is $10 per day and you need to reserve it before check in. They used to waive the fee for medication, but I've heard they have not been doing that lately (there seems to have been an increase in people requesting them). It wouldn't hurt about to ask about waiving the fee though and I don't know if it would make any differnce if you called and requested it thru WDW Special Reservations.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

They do charge $10.00 per night. I have not heard of them waiving the fees.

HOWEVER, if you have your own transportation available (such as rental car or using limo rather than bus from the airport) you can stop by a large drugstore or a supermarket and buy a styrofoam ice chest for about $4.00 and keep it filled with ice from the ice machines and then abandon it at the end of the trip. That is what I do; it is much cheaper than renting a refrigerator.

WDW Stays
AS – 3/98, 3/99
BC – 1/93
BWI – 1/97
Caribbean Beach – 11/89, 2/95, 1/97, 12/97, 12/98, 11-12/00, 2/01
Contemporary – 9-10/91, 9/92, 9/94, 5/95, 9/95, 8-9/96, 9/97, 9/98, 9/99, 12/99-1/00, 5-6/00, 8-9/00, (5/01), (11-12/01)
DI – 1-2/96
DxL – 7/93
OKW – 2/95
Plaza Hotels – 2/94, 1/96, 6/99, (8/01)
Poly – 1/94
PO – 6/93
SoG – 5/97
WL – 2/96
Off-Property (Other Than 1st Night) – 11/87, 2/93,

Of some of the refrig's aren't all that great. I've read posts in the past where some of them are in poor condition and look as though they've been thru a war zone (I do not have personal experiance, just read about it here)
Because of this, I went to Wal Mart and for $10.00 I bought a collapsable cooler. Others have posted about using coolers instead of the frig and just changing the ice out everyday. All bldgs in the resort have ice makers for the guests. My collapsable cooler is large enough to also hold a half gallon of milk, 4 bottles, and maybe even some lunch meat that has been moved from it's original container to a ziplock baggy. Then again, if the medication takes up a lot of room, I've also read that it can be stored in a cooler and be acsessed at the lobby area. (who wants to go to the lobby everytime you need to get medication?)
Hope this helps. Oh, some people would rent frig from outside WDW source, but I believe I read where WDW put a stop to that. Not sure though, maybe someone could verify this.
God Bless
Gerri

mick_spin.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter