Friday night Halloween ideas for home, instead of Halloween party??

doclegler

DIS Veteran
We are hoping to avoid the annual Halloween party on Friday this year due to both the H1N1 outbreak in town AND our upcoming trip to WDW in early November. Any thoughts on things we could do at home to make it fun? They know we won't be going to the party and they would really like to do something fun at home still. Luckily they weren't overly disappointed since we are leaving for FL soon. Any fun ideas out there?

What about make your own pizza for dinner, then let them ice and decorate pre-baked cup cakes for desert or make shaped rice krispy treats.

Maybe rent an approved "scary" or funny movie or do a family game night.

Be sure and have some candy in the house if they will not tick or treat either.

You could also do a fun craft (kits at any craft or discount store), make candy apples.

A treasure hunt for treats (candy, dollar store items) inside and/or outside

Paint/carve/decorate pumpkins and toast the pumpkin seeds

Buy a "haunted house" gingerbread house kit to assemble and decorate (they are available at many grocery stores, Target, etc)

Make cupcakes and decorate with orange frosting, Halloween sprinkles, candy corn, etc. Or make "dirt pudding" with gummy worms!

Halloween inspired crafts. Family Fun and other magazines have some great ideas!

Have fun!

Well, you could start out your Disney early by renting (or seeing if Disney is showing it soon) Haunted Mansion (one of my fav rides). You could paint/carve pumpkins. One thing my dad's unit did when we were little (and I cant believe I remember this) is find some cardboard boxes and make a maze around the main room that the kids crawled through. Inside there were other boxes that people hid in (and depending on the age) they would scare/startle/ or hand out candy to them. All along the way there were halloween decorations (spider webbing, pumpkins, little ghosts). At the end you came out into a diff room that had cakes and other sweets in it. You could always do that to your living room and lead it into the kitchen (if near) where you have a surprise set up.

That's a good idea...we are not going too many places either....some friends from our church want to come and do our neighborhood with us... I thought we might do pizza and let them eat a ton of candy:rotfl: I usually don't give them too much,..but we also have a thing at our church, so we may go there. If not...we'll b in the same boat as you! I do want to get Charlie Brown's Halloween!!!!!! Get some face paint too!! They always love that!

Candy apples and scary family movie is what my kids would enjoy. Do your pumpkin carving that night, too. Make sure you have a pumpkin for each of them and let them do a design on paper and youcut it out. You can roast the seeds for them afterwards.:thumbsup2 Have fun & pixie dust for a healthy vacation!

DD will have 2 of her friends sleep over on Friday as well...we're doing pizza, movies, cupcake decorating and maybe carving pumpkins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter