French quarter

frank & joanne

Earning My Ears
We are going to POFQ Feb 2-9. Can anyone give us any information as to rooms, locations, etc.? Thanks in advance.

POFQ is very small and there are few rooms that are not convenient to everything. You just need to decide if you want a water view, which is further from the food court and bus stop, or not.

We love this resort. It's my newest favorite. It is SO small, you are close to everything!! Building 4 will get you closest to the bus stop (since there is only 1) and you are still close to the food court. Any building is a good one! We just went in November, and I am going back there in March. It really is a nice place.

I am glad to see so many people saying nice things about POFQ. We're going in March (DH, DD 11, & DS 10) - it'll be the kids' first time! DH and myself were there for our honeymoon and stayed at Dixie Landings.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

This is our new favorite Moderate resort... we LOVED IT! We love the convenience of all of the rooms to the main building, pool and bus stop. We loved the boat to PO-R and DTD, and the bus transportation was the best we have experienced!

The food court was the best, as well! Very well themed, with a great selection of food... and if one food court isn't enough, take the boat to PO-R and eat at theres. You will also find a full service restaurant (Boatwright's) there.

The pool is beautiful, and the serpent slide is a lot of fun... I even went down it. The pool overlooks the Sassagoula river and there is a nice pool bar right near it. If you want to experience other pools there are 4 quiet pools and another themed pool (Old Man Island) at PO-R that you may use as well.

The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained, and it is very romantic at night.

There is a nice lounge off of the main lobby which a quiet little retreat, or if you want live entertainment, you can go to the River Roost at PO-R for the piano player.

We loved the rooms, they are tastefully decorated and well kept, and we had great Mousekeepers, bellhops and front desk castmembers.

PO-FQ has overtaken PO-R for our favorite because of size, intimacy and theming, but it is so nice that we can stay there and still take advantage of the amenities at PO-R as well!

The Port Orleans French Quarter is my absolute favorite resort on Disney property. I've stayed at eight resorts on property at all levels, and the Port Orleans French Quarter is the only one I've stayed at more than once.

I love the atomosphere at the Port Orleans. The walkways never seem congested--I feel like I have the resort to myself when I'm walking around it. The pool is a lot of fun, and the best themed at the moderates.

One of the problems that I've run into at different resorts is the noise level. I find that in the newer resorts that I've stayed in (the Coronado Springs and the Wilderness Lodge), the walls are thinner and you can hear your neighbors walking around and getting ready in the mornings. In the three times I've stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter, I have never heard a neighbor.

On my most recent trip, we stayed in room 4326. It was a corner room on the third floor. It was less than a minute's walk to the bus stop and the food court. Building 4 is definitely the most convient building to the bus and the food court, but no matter where you stay, you'll never be more than 7-10 minutes from the food court and bus.

Karen

Hi there...

We stayed her for 4 nights after a Disney Cruise in 2000.

This resort has a wonderful pool and if you don't mind the noise of kids spashing around and having a good time - I would recommend a room overlooking it.

The elevators are very slow... if you don't like taking stairs I also would suggest a ground floor room.

Have a wonderful holiday

POFQ is my fav moderate. We stayed in room 3131 in June 2000. It was about 45 secs away from the food court, game room and pool. We had a fabulous time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest