Free WDW airport transfers!

Amberle3

<font color=CC0066>Likes to absorb the park<br><fo
I just got a fax from Disney with a new service. Before folks get too excited, there are some restrictions: It's only available through the Happiest Celebration on Earth period, beginning May 2005 through 2006.

Here's what the fax says:
"Announcing NEW! Disney's Magical Express Service at the Walt Disney Resort in Florid.

Complimentary ground transportation and luggage transfer service from Orlando International Airport for Disney Resort Hotel* Guests.

If your client is arriving by air, their vacation starts the moment they touch down. There's no need to hassle with luggage at baggage claim. Disney's Magical Express Service provides motorcoach transportation from Orlando International Airport to your clients' Disney Resort hotel, while their baggage is "magically" delivered straight to their room.

And when their vacation is over, your clients and their bags are whisked back to the Orlando International Airport.

This new complimentary benefit is available through the Happiest Celebration on Earth, beginning May 2005 and extending throughout 2006.

*Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel, the seven hotels on or near Hotel Plaza Boulevard and Shades of Green are not included."

It provides a website for travel agents that supposedly has more details, however their web people are (as usual) a little slow on the uptake and haven't actually put that information online yet. So at this point that's all the information I have on the service.

I saw this press release posted on Debbie Wills (allears.net) site a few days ago and remember reading the phase "domestic flights" only (i.e. US only). There is cetainly no way the baggage part of the service work if your flight needs to clear customs in Orlando (you need your bags to clear customs). I think it is great service offering and it is very similar to the service Disney provides for cruise line passagers who purchase their ground transfer service.

All I know is that the press release I received was specifically sent to Canadian travel agents, as the website they were to is the Canadian travel agent website.

So I have to assume that they'll be providing the service for Canada-bound flights as well. Really as far as most of the US is concerned Canada isn't really international. You go through customs both there and back in Canada anyway.

"While the inbound domestic airlines are not restricted, as of now the outbound pre-flight check in at the resort is limited to guests flying on American, Delta, Song, Continental, United or Ted. Guests using these airlines can check their bags and receive their boarding passes between 6:00am and 2:00pm at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located in or near the lobby of their Disney resort. "

Copied from Headlines. I don't know, I still don't think I could trust someone else to take care of my luggage. I'm so relieved when it arrives with me at my destination, lol.

Hi Sandyincanada,

Thanks for posting that quote. I just booked online with Disney and it allowed me to select Air Canada including my departure city (Toronto) and flight information for Magical Express but you're right... how could we not check in without our bags... how would you answer that " have you left your bags with anyone type question? " Very interesting...

Say I decided to fly Independence or Southwest: Can I collect my own luggage in MCO and then take the complimentary bus to Disney (with my luggage)????

If so, what a saving.
Also, does this offer extend until the end of 2006?????

Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter