Free September Dining - Give me the lowdown!

Free dining is the way WDW gets you to their resorts and into their restaurants during a typically low time - September!

You have to pay rack rate for the room (which gets really expensive if you like deluxe), but yes you get a certain amount of dining credits per day. I don't know the exact number, but you get something like a CS and TS per day. Some TS places are worth more credits.

Keep your eye on the Resort board - there is a thread watch for free dining.

Personally, I don't find it to be a good deal unless 1. you stay at a resort where the rack rate is cheap, 2. you like to eat and eat a lot of food (app, entree, and dessert each meal) 3. you have been to WDW many times and prefer to eat more than tour. All the eating you'll do really cuts into your attraction seeing. Oh, and you have to make your ADRs 180 days out or you won't be eating a lot of TS. Places fill up quick!

:)
Have fun!

IIRC, the dining plan no longer includes the appetizer?

Right, it doesn't include an appetizer or tip anymore.

We're going for free dining in September for the 3rd year in a row this year! :cool1: We went last year and signed up immediately for the bounce-back promo.

Usually it's announced around the beginning of April and the cutoff is June (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

We absolutely love it. It's fun to pick whatever you want off the menu and have an excuse to try different restaurants. We've been about 20 times to the World and never really ate at sit down restaurants pre-free dining (maybe once a visit). We already know what we do and don't want to see and eating at new restaurants is exciting to us.

To each their own but we love it! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter