Free Resort Upgrade Email

katiebear

Mouseketeer
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out here. Has anyone upgraded from AoA LM to OKW or SS with the free upgrade email?

I received this email last Friday with a pin:

We're so glad you're coming to visit us from 12/06/2012 to 12/08/2012, we wanted to offer you a FREE upgrade* from your stay at Disney's Art Of Animation Resort- The Little Mermaid to a room at Disney's Art of Animation Resort- Finding Nemo Family Suites, Cars Family Suites, or The Lion King Family Suites, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, or Disney's Old Key West Resort! Just call to find out how.

Since we have stayed at the mods, we wanted to try either OKW, SS or a family suite. If not we will be staying put in LM.

I have tried calling daily and every CM I spoke with told me there was no availability at OKW or SS due to the limited number of rooms available for those resorts with the pin but to try back for a cancellation. Well the CM I spoke with today told me OKW and SS are not included in the offer, and even though it states right in the offer that I could stay there not to bother calling back because I won't get a room there. So I'm wondering if she's right or the 7 or 8 other CMs I spoke with are. I don't want to waste my time on the phone every day if I'm not even eligible. Really confused and hoping someone can confirm they were upgraded to OKW or SS :confused3

There are other boards where people have reported getting the email and being upgraded. There may have been a limited number of rooms available, first come first serve. If its something your interested in I would continue to try, maybe even asking for a supervisor. We were upgraded last year but with a small charge. I hope this works out for you.:)

They are included. The wording they have in their internal page is odd but it does say okw and ss are included in all offers.

Id keep checking if you are interested.

We got a free upgrade from the Pop to OKW years ago and really liked OKW. My DH is always asking to go back to OKW but we've been trying a new resort every year since our upgrade, once we tried something other than the Pop we wanted to try all the resorts. The only negative at OKW was the lack of a food court and just having CS at the pool. However we loved the pool, atmosphere, boat to DTD and the very large studio rooms.

Thanks for your input everyone! I am going to try again tomorrow as usual.

I am still hoping someone can tell me they actually got the upgrade lol!

Thanks for your input everyone! I am going to try again tomorrow as usual.

I am still hoping someone can tell me they actually got the upgrade lol!

There is a whole thread of people talking about this email that upgraded. That's probably why you're having such a hard time - the rooms got booked up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter