Free Lunch from strangers!

How wonderful to hear there is so many generous and thoughtful people.:goodvibes I too had a sweet person that came up to me when I was just checking into a disney hotel and she bought my boys some orange juice bottles with her extra snack credit. :goodvibes It is the little random acts of kindness that touches my heart the most. Let's spread the love and think of others with our extra dining credits.:cool1:
~Darlene~

That was very nice of that couple.

We did that once in 2006. We were leaving in a couple hours. We had 3 left so we bought for 2 people and used the other one for us to share. We were not hungry since we had lunch a few hours ago at Tony's. :rotfl:

On our last trip we had a trip to the Celebration ER. 6 of us didnt use our DP for 2 days....we had lots of extras. We stood in the line at the food court at POR and bought dinners for many many people!!! It was a great feeling. It took quite a bit of time to find people who were not using the Dining plan themselves though.

We did that at the AS food court one year. We had many credits left over so I went to buy some people breakfast. I have to say that many people gave me an odd look as though I was trying to scam them. However, I did finally find some people and one of the men was buying his mom (who I am sure didn't speak English) a small breakfast item and when I told them what the whole credit consisted of.....he said "I can buy her grapes too!!". He was very happy and I think mama ended up with a much nicer breakfast than orignally planned. :)

Where is the outrage for this thread? It seems to me people were yelling and screaming about how re-using a refillibale mug is stealing, and what is that teaching the children.

With the DDP it is expressley written that meals for the ticket holders are the only way credits are allowed to be used.

Seeing that they did not use the credits for themselves as disney policy clearly statee, the people giving away the meals are guilty of stealing which is against the l;aw and the party recieving the meals was recieving stolen goods, also against the law.

What in the world are you teaching your children?

(I don't really believe this, but the way I have seen people react to what they consider skating around the rules I am suprised they don't feelo the same about this.)

P.S.

That was nice of the couple and a nice treat for you to recieve :)

We have done this a few times as well. twice at Wolfgang Pucks Express, once at Earl of Sandwich, and once at the food court at the resort. I love to be able to pass along any extra credits that we end up not using. :)
I'm glad to see there are many others that do the same.

Bill & Jen said:
Where is the outrage for this thread? It seems to me people were yelling and screaming about how re-using a refillibale mug is stealing, and what is that teaching the children.

With the DDP it is expressley written that meals for the ticket holders are the only way credits are allowed to be used.

Seeing that they did not use the credits for themselves as disney policy clearly statee, the people giving away the meals are guilty of stealing which is against the l;aw and the party recieving the meals was recieving stolen goods, also against the law.
Well, since somebody else brought it up... ;)

Yes, this poster is absolutely correct. Per the printed conditions of the Dining Plan, dining entitlements cannot be used to purchase food for Guests not on the Dining Plan.

That's Disney's rule. Disney's enforcement of this rule may vary :teeth:

OT: :wave2: I'm in Peabody :)

We did something similar many years ago when it was the "food and fun" card. We had several "fun" tickets left for things like horseback riding, minigolf, etc. We gave them to someone as we were leaving. As it turns out, they were staying at fort wilderness and didn't have the money to do any of the parks. They were just enjoying fort wilderness and was resort hopping when we met up with them. It made their day to be able to do these activities.

So we don't have food credits left; we pay a lot OOP for all the extra food they need to consume. I am considering the Deluxe Plan on our next trip (whenever that may be....they may not even offer it anymore at that point!) but what we HAVE done is hand off our fastpasses. We find people, usually we try to find teenagers or early-20s, and whatever we have left we hand off.

We're not ageist, we just remember what it was like to want to do everything right NOW! like you do at those ages. People always freak out, get all excited, when we pass them off. It's fun and makes leaving the park a little more bearable---the search for people and the handoff is always that last little bit of fun!

Yes, this poster is absolutely correct. Per the printed conditions of the Dining Plan, dining entitlements cannot be used to purchase food for Guests not on the Dining Plan.

That's Disney's rule.

Well it's a good thing it's such a STUPID rule and I'm glad some folks (including myself) aren't following it! Disney got paid for the dining plan so as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter a pea-pickin bit who gets to eat that food. :rolleyes1

Of course I have teenagers who manage to suck up every credit plus some out of pocket meals :lmao: so we will never be treating someone to a free meal.

It's such an amazing life lesson for the kids when absolute strangers do nice things. Last year at Animal Kingdom 4 adults gave the 4 teens in our group their Dream Fast Pass lanyards that were completely in tact. You should have seen their faces when they realized that the people were just giving them to them with no stings attached.

We have had free dining in 2007 and had 33 snack credits left. We didn't have time to use them up (we were going to buy treats to take home) due to a fiasco at checkout.
Last year on our last day we had 3 cs and 3 TS credits left. We were at POR and before checking out I bought cs meals for 3 people and then walked into Boatwright's walked up to several tables until I found a table that was not on the dining plan and paid for 3 ts meals. We had tons of snack credits and bought lots of treats to take home.
My dh and I figure that Disney keeps track of the credits and better to use them or lose them....and it felt good to share some pixie dust.
This year we are going for 15 nights and since I am on a diet and eat very little I am sure we will have credits left and I will definitely make sure they get used.

Wow, I never even thought of that. We had about 3 CS credits waste last year. I will be sure to do this next week if we have leftover credits!

Wow.

I asked this question a while back and was told by the naysayers on this board that this couldn't be done. I knew I would have extra TS credits left at the end of my trip and wanted to know if it was possible to "pay" for another family's dinner in the restaurant.

All the naysayers on DIS told me that I was not allowed to do that!

So now I'm very confused. :confused3

About 4 years ago a guy gave DH 6 vouchers for free CS meals while I was in line checking in. He said they were leaving and couldn't use them. I don't know what they did to get vouchers around 4 years ago, is that how they did the DP back then? Anyway, we certainly appreciated it, and thought of his kindness every time we used one.:goodvibes

were you at Pop? we gave away our leftover QS vouchers at Pop about 4 years ago :thumbsup2

Wow.

I asked this question a while back and was told by the naysayers on this board that this couldn't be done. I knew I would have extra TS credits left at the end of my trip and wanted to know if it was possible to "pay" for another family's dinner in the restaurant.

All the naysayers on DIS told me that I was not allowed to do that!

So now I'm very confused. :confused3
Well, yeah - it IS against the rules of the Dining Plan. Read the brochure; post a new thread on this topic on the Restaurant or Dining Plan forums.

eeyoregon said:
Well it's a good thing it's such a STUPID rule and I'm glad some folks (including myself) aren't following it! Disney got paid for the dining plan so as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter a pea-pickin bit who gets to eat that food.
But as far as the provider is concerned, it DOES matter who gets to eat food for which Dining Plan credits are used. By purchasing (or accepting, in the case of Free Dining) the DDP, DxDDP, or QSDP - we agree to conform to all the associated rules.

Well whether it is right or wrong we did it a few years ago at OKW, we bought another couple breakfast. It felt really good to share the magic in some small way. And if the opportunity comes up, I will do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter