• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining

Grumpier

I'M GRUMPY BECAUSE YOU'RE DOPEY
As of 5:00 A.M. Central time today (or maybe even earlier), Free Dining is now being offered for 2017. ON Disney.com, scroll down to the bottom of the "Parks and Travel" page and click on "Explore our Special Offers."

Good luck.

Last edited:
I changed our reservations and saved almost $200 bucks (more if I drop the park tickets from a 7 day to 6). Love saving money. Going in Dec staying at POP.
We were able to go from a mod to deluxe for like $50 cheaper. Only downside my reservations won't load so I just booked an entire new reservation.. going to see if they can just cancel the other and apply all that money to the new one. Saving money is the best!

Thank you for posting this, Grumpier! I had forgotten about checking. Like Dolewhips, I ended up with a second reservation because I couldn't get through on the phone (I only tried once) and my existing reservation wouldn't load properly. We're going over Thanksgiving and staying at Boardwalk Villas.

Thanks again. :)

Note that Moderates only get the quick service plan now. Only Deluxe Resorts and Villas get the regular Plan that includes table service meals.

Do you have to use the tickets at the time of the package? And can I put those tickets toward an annual pass renewal later?

Do you have to use the tickets at the time of the package? And can I put those tickets toward an annual pass renewal later?
You can save those tickets. On your check-in date, move those passes to a fake person in your MDE account.

Then, when you need to use them to renew your AP, move them back to the AP holders.

Limited Availability.... seems accurate for 11/25-11/27 arrivals.

I was already booked at Poly Standard for Arrival 11/26. I tried changing my reservation online and got message items in my cart are unable to be changed online and to call. I tried just booking a new Poly Standard and got the "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected." message. So no problem filling rooms at Poly....

Boardwalk and Yacht clubs had availability.... just been dreaming of Poly...

Just out of curiosity, for the people that are having success, where are you staying? Like Nazran, I was already booked at the Poly, and the only option at 6:05 for my dates was a move to club level theme park for an additional 2k. I booked at last years rack rates so I have that going against me as well.

Just out of curiosity, for the people that are having success, where are you staying? Like Nazran, I was already booked at the Poly, and the only option at 6:05 for my dates was a move to club level theme park for an additional 2k. I booked at last years rack rates so I have that going against me as well.

Yeah I booked as soon as the first day I could. I try to book now and no availability in ANY room at Poly for 11/26 arrival. I suspect if you got the time to kill and can stay on the phone all day to get a rep they might? have more options than the online.

We got it Thanksgiving week at the Pop. We have AP's so will be saving the tickets. Essentially got 2 day hoppers for all of us for free.

Our dates are Nov 29th - Dec 3rd...so no fd for us. We are waiting for flights to be released and may shift our dates back a day to be able to go to MVMCP on Sunday ( want to avoid the Friday party. Heard Friday's are busiest). So I called my hubby to see if we should switch dates to get fd (staying at Contemporary for this trip), and he was like, "nahhhh!" We're hoping the parks may be a little less busy by missing the free dining!
We've had fd once. It was nice to save that money, but if the parks are a little less crowded, the extra money spent is worth it!

So got a 4 night stay at AKL in a pool bunk room for $2600....debating on whether its worth it. I have a WL standard in my cart that just wont book (prob cause its sold out) that was 2250. We have APs so saving the tickets ($750 worth for 3 tickets). Was going to go all out on character dining but I might just see what the AP discount is in a few weeks for room only.

Last year's rack rate + ticket price + dining price have me at $100 less than the discount rates today for the same resort and room type.

How is the math working out? I saw they also released room-only discounts too. Is it cheaper to just get those discounts?

It is amazing to me that Disney offers so many discounts (which just means their normal prices are too high and this is just marketing (sorta like Kohls Department Store does).
Do they really need to draw more people there? LOL.

How is the math working out? I saw they also released room-only discounts too. Is it cheaper to just get those discounts?

It is amazing to me that Disney offers so many discounts (which just means their normal prices are too high and this is just marketing (sorta like Kohls Department Store does).
There's not much difference between room only and free dining. I priced out AKL for 2A/1C and there was only a $20 difference. The need for a hopper with the free dining package bumps it up.

Room only doesn't include all the dates yet. I saw it ends at October 7th (hoping mid October gets something but won't make or break our trip).

Poly Standard is really rare to get much of a discount via Disney. They can fill them without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter