Free Dining

Nobody can answer this right now, not even Disney. Its entirely dependent on how resort bookings are going.

I'm also watching out for FD in september. I've been told that it's almost 100% FD will be offered for fall 2013. The bounce back offers for that time frame have already been out and used and had the FD offer. The only difference this year is, the dates are a bit different and a bit less then past years- this indicating that FD is on it's way out, as you may have heard. It's no surprise FD dates have been cut back since the econmy has gotten a bit better so it's not in such need to offer such a good promo like that as much. I'm not sold on FD being gone for good, but I do think we won't be seeing and knowing as much has the past 5 years. It'll be more of a guessing game and my guess is at that point when those changes do come into play, when FD is offered the parks will be a zoo because thats a promo almost everyone wants and a lot of ppl base their trip week off of!

But anyway thats just some insight I've got, i've been doing months research on this topic. Yes i'm sure to tell you I can BET you'll see free dining for aug and sept and you'll see that offer shortly on top of that. But it won't be so late into sept. like past years. Good Luck! :)

they seem to offer FD in Aug/Sept due to it being Hurricane Season and many travelers don't want to go then as we all know what can happen... trip being cut short etc...

I'm also watching out for FD in september. I've been told that it's almost 100% FD will be offered for fall 2013. The bounce back offers for that time frame have already been out and used and had the FD offer. The only difference this year is, the dates are a bit different and a bit less then past years- this indicating that FD is on it's way out, as you may have heard. It's no surprise FD dates have been cut back since the econmy has gotten a bit better so it's not in such need to offer such a good promo like that as much. I'm not sold on FD being gone for good, but I do think we won't be seeing and knowing as much has the past 5 years. It'll be more of a guessing game and my guess is at that point when those changes do come into play, when FD is offered the parks will be a zoo because thats a promo almost everyone wants and a lot of ppl base their trip week off of!

But anyway thats just some insight I've got, i've been doing months research on this topic. Yes i'm sure to tell you I can BET you'll see free dining for aug and sept and you'll see that offer shortly on top of that. But it won't be so late into sept. like past years. Good Luck! :)

Right now the most current BB offers until the end 2013 are room discounts..not free dining.
Jan/feb are the slowest months and there was no free dining available this year.
It was a Play/sleep/Dine package..
For the past 6-7 years there has been free dining during that time until this year.

I wouldn't count on it for Fall this year..

I have to totally agree with you-I DO think there will be free dining for Sept-Sept is a very slow month and don't see any reason they would just completely cut it out this year out of the blue..I do think that they might be trying to "wean" us off of it by not being so liberal with it-for example, making it free QS for everyone, even deluxe....It's a waiting game and I'm in!! Waiting for FD for Sept 8-14~~Pixie Dust for all!!!

I'm hoping for FD as well! It certainly makes it easier to get to Disney with that cost knocked off :)

Wishing for FD soon. If with anything like in the past should see something over the next few weeks or days. Come on FD

At this point I don't care if it is FD or room discount. I just want to know! Regardless of what they do, we are going for 10 nights with dining but I would like to pay less. Plus, although I can buy plane tix with SW with no change fees, I just hate to book a flight b4 I know my dates are good. Then I have to change that plus ADRs! So waiting....not patiently at all. :)

Last year I know I booked my free dining on March 23...and it was out for a little while before I did...I thought something might have been out today, since one of the 30% ended yesterday...maybe Monday :sad2:

I disagree with Vacation junkie, there was free dining for a limited time. I do believe there will be free dining for the fall as there has been as long as I can remember:) good luck wish I could get it for May!!!!

I hope you're right!! Free dining is something we've been counting on for years!

Exactly why I think Disney is trying to get away from it. Too many people think there's been free dining since 1971 ;) There hasn't.
There have , however been room discounts (old Magic Kingdom Club) or other ways since the 70's.

They had a BB offer for August September when I was there last year. I do this all the time and don't book when I'm there thinking it will be out later then sit here now saying I should have booked it then. They have a promo running for booking thru the end on this month so if we don't see it out the next few days as the promo running prior ended yesterday I hope we see it out around end of this month. So we should all know soon if its going to be out or not. I do agree that I see Disney moving away from this offer in the future so if I ever do see it again I will always be booking my next trip.

By the way in the past the free dining first went out to the Disney Visa card holders. So I would keep an eye on that website under current offers. Also in the past they sent email to card holders so hoping to see that again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter