Free Dining with AP

Brer Kevin

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Was hoping that someone could provide me with some help or prior experience regarding the free dining promotion as an annual passholder.

I have booked a reservation for two, and we both have APs. So we opted to get the required minimum two day MYW tickets.

Is there any way that we can hold on to these tickets and use them for a future visit or transfer them to a separate family member who is not an AP? I also believe that I had read of other guests using this as a credit that can be applied to the AP renewal once it expires. Just wanted to verify that this can still be done, even though the tickets I presume will be linked to the Magic Band we receive for free dining.

Is there a way that when we enter the park, that we can specify that the admission be applied to the AP and not the MYW tickets?

Thanks

Yes it can be done.

From the Tickets sticky thread.

"Transferring" a ticket to another person.
An "unused" ticket can be used by the original ticker holder, or given away to anyone else, or sold to anyone else.
This is true even if the ticket has been connected to a MyDisneyExperience account, but has yet to be used by anyone.
That ticket can still be transferred via MyDisneyExperience to another guest who connects to the original ticket holder's MyDisneyExperience account.

If the ticket is still on your MDE (nothing is on the band, it just links back to MDE), before entering the park you want to go guest relations outside the park to have them prioritize what admission you want to use for each person.

Last edited:
First, remember, nothing is linked to a specific magic band. Your bands are all linked to your account on My Disney Experience.

I currently have an AP. And I have a reservation with free dining. I plan on going to Guest Services to exchange it for an annual pass certificate on the first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter