Free dining ticket question

lsenquiz

DIS Veteran
We are staying in the Fort Wilderness cabins for the second week of our stay for our upcoming September trip because we have three other family members joining us which makes our total 6 people 4 adults and two children. The best deal I could get included free dining which is something I have never done before. Free dining requires at least a 2 day ticket for each person in the party. Three of us(DH, DS8 and myself) have annual passes. So if we just get three day tickets for each of us can the other two adults and 1child in our party use the tickets? Meaning each adult would use two of the three day adult tickets and the child would use 2 of the three day child tickets so they would have 6 days total each?

Absolutely! As long as your MYW tickets are unused the other people traveling with you can use them.

You could also save your tickets and use them on a future trip or towards renewing your APs. Financially, it will cost much more to use 2 sets of tickets per person than to use 1 ticket per person and add days to that ticket.

-If you get the minimum ticket requirement of 2 days for FD the current value is:

2 day Adult ticket: $184 Child ticket: $172
6 day Adult ticket: $299 Child ticket: $280

so the upgrade would be $115 per Adult ticket and $108 for the child ticket to go from 2 days to 6 days.

-For your current plan:

3 day Adult ticket: $262 Child ticket: $244

if you use both sets of tickets it will cost you $524 and $488 for each person. The difference between $524 and $299 is $225; between $488 and $280 is $208.

You could also save your tickets and use them on a future trip or towards renewing your APs. Financially, it will cost much more to use 2 sets of tickets per person than to use 1 ticket per person and add days to that ticket.

-If you get the minimum ticket requirement of 2 days for FD the current value is:

2 day Adult ticket: $184 Child ticket: $172
6 day Adult ticket: $299 Child ticket: $280

so the upgrade would be $115 per Adult ticket and $108 for the child ticket to go from 2 days to 6 days.

-For your current plan:

3 day Adult ticket: $262 Child ticket: $244

if you use both sets of tickets it will cost you $524 and $488 for each person. The difference between $524 and $299 is $225; between $488 and $280 is $208.

Very good analysis.

Your best approach would be to get the minimum tickets required for all of your group and upgrade the tickets for the guests without APs to whatever number of days they need. The AP holders should save their tickets for use on a future trip or to apply toward a new AP at the appropriate time.

We are staying in the Fort Wilderness cabins for the second week of our stay for our upcoming September trip because we have three other family members joining us which makes our total 6 people 4 adults and two children. The best deal I could get included free dining which is something I have never done before. Free dining requires at least a 2 day ticket for each person in the party. Three of us(DH, DS8 and myself) have annual passes. So if we just get three day tickets for each of us can the other two adults and 1child in our party use the tickets? Meaning each adult would use two of the three day adult tickets and the child would use 2 of the three day child tickets so they would have 6 days total each?

You can do this, but it's a colossal waste of ticket money as you are essentially buying 2 sets of 3-day tickets for your other family members when it is significantly cheaper to get them 1 set of 6-day passes. In other words by giving them your 3-day passes and combining those with their 3-day passes you are essentially spending $1634 on tickets so they can go to the parks for 6 days (this is for base tickets - I didn't add hopping as I'm not sure if you chose that option). On the other hand, 1 set of 6-day base tickets for 1 child and 2 adults totals $935. So you are really wasting $700 on tickets.

I would do what another PP suggested, add 2-day tickets onto your package. Have your other family members upgrade their tickets to 6-day passes at the resort and save your 2-day passes for a future trip or to upgrade to AP's when your current ones expire. You are ultimately spending less and will be getting full value out of the tickets you purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter