Free dining question

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going in two weeks and buying annual passes.

FIL, BIL and newphews are going to be there 11/17 - 11/23, with free dining. FIL has his own room on a separate reservation. DH is thinking about joining them for at least part of the trip. I realize that he can't get free dining without buying a park ticket (2 day ticket minimum for this offer I think) but I still have a couple questions:

1. Can he stay in FIL's room and not add any dining plan, even though FIL is getting free dining?

2. If he buys the 2 day ticket, is there any way we can get the ticket in advance so we could apply it to the price of the APs we will be buying in a couple of weeks?

1. Yes he can legally stay in FIL's room without getting the dining plan. He'll have to be added to the room on arrival. The problem though is that he can't use Magical Express unless he's arriving a day or two later I believe. I would suggest doing some math though. How much will his food cost for the duration of his stay? You're talking about 6 nights. The ticket will still be usable in the future once the current AP expires.

2. He can not get the ticket a full month in advance.

Dining can be added to room reservations only outside of 72 hours before check-in. If DH could be added to FIL's reservation after that timeframe, he would not be able to get DP and he would not be required to purchase the 2-day ticket. There should be time to get him on the ME.

Early ticket pick-up is a max of 3 days before check-in. If DH doesn't need to purchase a ticket, that doesn't come into play.

Thanks for the info. DH isn't sure how many days he will stay. FIL is insisting on driving by himself (from the Chicago area). DH would be going mainly to drive back with him.

If DH does buy a ticket but doesn't use it (because he has his annual pass), can DS use it when we go down this spring?

Yes, a child can use an unused adult ticket. But there would be no refund given for the difference. The unused ticket would be upgradable, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter