Free-dining promo - wishful thinkin

my4kids

DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>Oh God, I'm
I see that free-dining is back for resort guests 8-13 -9-30.
We were planning on going this fall and hoping to rent points and stay at a DVC resort........I know it is wishful thinking - and I know some will think that I want everything and eat my cake too.........but I gotta ask - any chance this is being offered to DVC guests /renters....I guessing this is not offered to DVC members...anyone know?

This prom just might make me rethink renting points and make me stay at a hotel....I gotta crunch numbers :teacher:

Nope, you have to pay rack rate and purchase tickets. You do neither with a DVC resort, unless you make your reservation directly with Disney through CRO. This is just a way to fill up the resorts during a time period when kids are back in school, hurricanes are coming and there is vacancy.

Thanks -I thought this was the case...but I had to ask anyway...

Now I need to figure out what to do.....Hmmm...free food i don't have to cook, or nice accomadations with a kitchen that requires me in it to cook....

my4kids said:
This prom just might make me rethink renting points and make me stay at a hotel....I gotta crunch numbers :teacher:

No, this isn't available to DVC members. You will come out cheaper renting points, that is if you are thinking of staying in a deluxe or moderate resort. However, you may be happier booking through CRO anyway. That way, you don't set yourself up for dissapointment, if something else comes along that CRO offers that is not available to you. Good luck with what you decide!

What is CRO? I just saw this today and am so MAD!! :furious:
I rented DVC points and now see that it will be sooo much cheaper to take advantage of this HELP!!
Ana

CRO is central reservations where you call Disney to book a room.

No reason to be mad, you are receiving far superior accomodations then you would at the values or moderates. So its a give and take. Better accomodations and pay for your meals or lesser accomodations and free meals.

If you have already rented points you may wish to contact your renter, some have a no cancelation policy or some other policy.

The only thing that stinks is that the plan includes park tickets thats a lot of $$$ saved!!! Also is this pkg for a mininmum amount of nights? We are only going 8/21-8/25 (mon-Fri).

You are paying for the park tickets anyway. They are just built into the price of the package. They tickets aren't free.

I do believe you have to stay at least 3 nights.

littleEinsteins4 said:
The only thing that stinks is that the plan includes park tickets thats a lot of $$$ saved!!! Also is this pkg for a mininmum amount of nights? We are only going 8/21-8/25 (mon-Fri).

One thing that helped me was going on the Disney Website and pricing out "room only" for the length of our stay - at each type of place, value (like Pop Century - moderate, like Port Orleans - and Deluxe - like Polynesian or Animal kingdom - then find out how much tickets cost for length of stay... then find out how much a "package" costs - (remember for this discount - you pay RACK RATE at the resort of your choice - but if you stay value at I think $89 a night it may be cheaper for you - depends on how many you have to put on the dining plan - if its 4 adults at $40 maybe it would be better for you - but nothing is 'free' there's just a different way of putting in a "hidden" charge... imho

You may be surprised at the difference!!

And I for one think "location, location, location" I wanted to stay at a Deluxe - Epcot Deluxe!! I cant believe what an amazing opportunity to purchase the Dining Plan and renting points - I for one am grateful for the opportunity - doing it Disney the "free would've cost an extra - I forget something close ot $800 extra!! With the Values you do have to stand in line for buses, with Epcot Deluxe, you can walk, or boat to two resorts!!

littleEinsteins4 said:
I rented DVC points and now see that it will be sooo much cheaper to take advantage of this HELP!!
Ana

There is absolutely no reason for you to be "mad" as you put it. Before getting upset I think you should crunch the numbers first. Sure, you'll save a lot more if you go down to a value, but is that what you really want to do? :confused3

Its amazing the power that the word "free" has. In my book there ain't nothin' free about it. You are paying rack rack, plus park tickets to go in hurricane season. Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

Does you're DVC owner have a contract? Most have a no refund policy so you might be "stuck" with what you've got.

If it were me, I'd be pleased as punch to stay at a DVC. I've rented points before and was happy to have the opportunity to have Deluxe accomodations for just a little more than I would have paid for a value resort. However, if you're owner lets you out of the deal you may very possibly be much happier staying at POP or an all stars. It all depends on your personality and how you view a vacation. Best wishes :wizard:

littleEinsteins4 said:
Ana

I doubt it will be cheaper. On another thread someone had a 5 day M-F stay rented and even WITHOUT the *free dining* they save $500.

You are paying rack rate to get dining *free* - FULL price at WDW low time. It would be like renting points for $18 a point and getting *free dining* instead of 10 without - you are paying a high premium for something free.

cobbler said:
You are paying for the park tickets anyway. They are just built into the price of the package. They tickets aren't free.

I do believe you have to stay at least 3 nights.

This is true You are paying for the tickets I didnt quite think of that in all of the excitement and bitterness.!! :confused3 :teeth:

This is why I love the dis!!
Ana

There is something powerful about the word FREE. It just makes it seem like a better deal, even if it's not.

We did free dining last year and this year we had rented DVC points to go in September and are paying for the dining plan. Then free dining came out again. :sad2:

At first I kept thinking, I'm paying for the dining plan and I could have gotten it for FREE. (There's that word again) But if you break it down, you're getting such a better deal renting points.

The only way we (2 adults, 2 kids) would save a substantial amount of money would be to stay at the values. But I would much rather stay at the Beach Club! No comparison.

And even POR, where we usually stay, we'd only be saving about $50 a day. Again, I'd much rather stay at the Beach Club!

I'm just so glad they offer the dining plan to DVC members and their renters. :) And I'm glad there are DVC owners willing to rent their points out.

Jennifer

littleEinsteins4 said:
Ana
Don't be so sure you aren't saving more this way. It has been figured out several times on these boards, and renting DVC points, staying in a deluxe DVC resort for the price of a value and paying for your own meals will likely still come out as a savings over paying for a rack rate room just to get "free" dining. Remember, nothing is REALLY free.

You guy were right! Once I did the numbers We would be saving with DVC because we could have BF in the room etc. and our girls are 3 and 1 so this would work out better anyway.
You were so right when you said the word FREE carries a lot of weight.

Thanks for your posts

Ana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter